#3 Darcy "Darcy Parish" Parish - Shiel can play forward pocket instead

Yeah realistically I think our only rising star hopes would be McGrath and Francis.

Long, Morgan, Redman plus the rest of our new draftees are the others eligible.

Sportsbet still taking bets on Eades, Wallis and Nyuon if you’re after a huge roughie.

In order of Chance

McGrath
Francis
Ridley
Mutch
Long
Redman
Begley
Morgan
Clarke
McNeice - is he inelgible (too old?)

Yep your probably right. The rising star will most likely come from another team.

GWS
Hopper? (10 games) is he still eligible some were finals I believe?
Setterfield
Tarranto
■■■■■■■
Kennedy (3 games)
Himmelberg (5 games)
Perryman

Suns
Ainsworth, Bowes, Brodie, Scrimshaw, Scheer

Lions
McCluggage (Oops…)

Reminds me more and more of Ben Cousins the player.

I can see the similarity - especially the attack at full thrust at the footy. But Cousins had that speed with the ball that you either have or not - v rare.

Dasha will get quicker as he develops, … not that he’s exactly slow now, …??

He’s not overly fast. About average pace.
But will never reach Cousins level speed.
For obvious reasons.

Killjoy!!!
He’ll show you.
He’ll be the fastiest fasty to ever fasten.

But can he fasten a fastener?

And how well does he wear a fastenator?

He’s a little terrier .

Love his strut too is not afraid to stick up for his team mates love him.

Reminds me more and more of Ben Cousins the player.

I can see the similarity - especially the attack at full thrust at the footy. But Cousins had that speed with the ball that you either have or not - v rare.

Dasha will get quicker as he develops, … not that he’s exactly slow now, …??

He’s not overly fast. About average pace.
But will never reach Cousins level speed.
For obvious reasons.

Killjoy!!!
He’ll show you.
He’ll be the fastiest fasty to ever fasten.

But can he fasten a fastener?

And how well does he wear a fastenator?

I’m intrigued. Nay, fascinated.

In a purely plutonic sense.

24 disposals

12 Kicks
13 Marks
2 Tackles.

Parish and Z.Merret will be our best 2 mids along with Heppell.

1 Like

That was from only 63% game time IIRC in a shortened quarter format also.

Will dominate this year. We all think Zaka would be the one to get off chain but Darcy is going to as well.

Finally, midfield depth and quality midfielders at that! About ■■■■■■ time.

I have to admit that I was really surprised by his game. I think I’ve been distracted by the returning blokes and kind of forgot about him. His game makes me want to go full lid off!

1 Like

I’m not so convinced about some of these other blokes “getting off the leash”. The main one is Zakka who struggles with a tag but his best footy comes as one of the main men getting the taps. This probably won’t happen much when you have better options like Watson, Heppell, Zerrett. Needs to find a way to impact the game consistently when he isn’t the main focal point in the middle. A big part of our success this year relies heavily on 2nd string midfielders and flankers gelling, stepping up and performing when it’s their turn.

Parish did in that game.

He had 24 possessions from limited game time and ran at a very high efficiency which for mine meant he was getting the ball more in space/off the leash.

Whilst Zaka may still get tagged, although I think Zerrett may be the one they go after with the full complement back, Parish will be running amok.

Kids a jet, will be bordering on unstoppable this year.

We have a few guys who know how to accumulate and be damaging if left alone. No longer will sides just be able to sit on stants and upset our ball movement.

Hepp, bj, stants, zaha, parish, zerret and to a lesser extent Watson are all very capable link men. Obviously several of those will play predominately inside. Others will probably have dual roles.

The big question is who outside that group with real express pace is going to step up and provide some real zing through the middle consistently.

Fanta is capable but might be preferred somewhere else. I’m not sure colyer finds enough of the pill, can he learn to accumulate more? Can lav establish himself as a point of difference in our midfield (likely seems a few years away). Will long have a break out year?

If only tippa had Brad hill’s tank…

We have a few guys who know how to accumulate and be damaging if left alone. No longer will sides just be able to sit on stants and upset our ball movement.

Hepp, bj, stants, zaha, parish, zerret and to a lesser extent Watson are all very capable link men. Obviously several of those will play predominately inside. Others will probably have dual roles.

The big question is who outside that group with real express pace is going to step up and provide some real zing through the middle consistently.

Fanta is capable but might be preferred somewhere else. I’m not sure colyer finds enough of the pill, can he learn to accumulate more? Can lav establish himself as a point of difference in our midfield (likely seems a few years away). Will long have a break out year?

If only tippa had Brad hill’s tank…

With the options of Walla, Raz, Green and Colyer up forward, there is plenty of reason to have these four rotating through the midfield to provide that pace, while leaving 2 or 3 of them up forward to provide the speed and crumming we have been so lacking.

With this many speedy forward options to rotate, a tank becomes less of an issue.

We aren’t going to know ourselves this year with the speed and marking power we have available up forward, and 2018 is looking pretty rosy once we learn how to harness these talents fully as a team.

I agree. In a perfect world they would all be averaging about 20 touches a game with one on the ball at all times.

So, as a second year player with not only heaps of potential but who is already a star, what price to get him to sign on the bottom line? Somewhere between $450K - $500K for mine (given the upcomg increase in TPP wouldn’t be surprised if that’s the reason for the delay)

Another gem of a game. In all the hoopla of yesterday, Dasha was again a shining light.

No 2nd year blues for this gem.

3 Likes

There were a lot of questions by the media and opposition teams whether or not Parish would play as much this season…

Think he shut them up pretty quickly…

7 Likes

I’m going to say it until it’s got everyone’s attention and it’s no longer true but he’s legit one of our best players already and goes almost unmentioned because of those around him.

28 Likes

Immense. Doesn’t stop!

Some of his pick ups and grabs and tackles and little deft involvements reminded me of the great blonde one.

Really hope we keep him at essendon.