David Barham - Our new Board Overlord

BarkerBomber…thanks for the information, this is something that I will be able to follow up if I get on the board, it has been a common theme from a lot of people I have spoken to…Dave

Hi David

What do you see as the biggest chalanges the club faces to get back to their vision of ‘most successful and respected’ and how can you help achieve this?

BarkerBomber....thanks for the information, this is something that I will be able to follow up if I get on the board, it has been a common theme from a lot of people I have spoken to.....Dave

The website has been rubbish since AFL took control of it. There was some great content that has been lost, particularly regarding past players and club history. I never understood what was so harmful about a club controlling its own website. The AFL will always have their eat however.

Surely between David and @catherinelio this can be fixed now?

BarkerBomber....thanks for the information, this is something that I will be able to follow up if I get on the board, it has been a common theme from a lot of people I have spoken to.....Dave

The website has been rubbish since AFL took control of it. There was some great content that has been lost, particularly regarding past players and club history. I never understood what was so harmful about a club controlling its own website. The AFL will always have their eat however.

sshhh don’t tell anyone… I’ve been watching this thread & reporting back directly to the media team. I’m all over it :slight_smile:

Cost/benefit ratio off the charts. Telstra make crap websites but much better for them to pickup the bandwidth on videos (I assume they are) than the club pay for it.

As you may or may not be aware I am nominating for the Essendon board. I have been an Essendon supporter for all of my life. My earliest memories of watching the bombers revolve around watching Max Crow at the Western Oval, must have been mid 1970's.

You had me at Max Crow.

1 Like

Bump

Pleasingly David was elected not appointed.

4 Likes

a blitzer running the club

our wildest dreams have come true

7 Likes

i know it’ said in jest, but there’s a big difference between someone from blitz running the club and someone who came onto blitz to use it as a tool to garner support to get onto the board.

come back to me when nino is running the joint, then you can run with that claim :rofl:

13 Likes

If by some chance he’s still around or gets alerts for this get this Clarkson thing done and take Essendon back to the promised land and build yourself a statue

4 Likes

Will be interesting to see how we look back on this in 10 years time. Could really be a definitive moment in our history.

2 Likes

He posted this when nominating for the board and hasn’t been back since.

Less than 1 minute topics read and hasn’t visited in years.

5 Likes

What’s nick raptopolous up to these days?

1 Like

Maybe a handsome and intelligent man like myself… I mean… ah David… would have a burner account?

More likely he got his EA to post this 7 years ago and hasn’t been back since. :wink:

3 Likes

He also posted under the name Xavier Menzies

Nah it was SMJ

Done the hard yards and got some intel with regards to our President, I can inform you all he loves Lego.

7 Likes

Apart from those that stand on a piece, doesn’t everyone?

2 Likes