Dayle Garlett to go in the slammer

Former Swan Districts player and Hawthorn recruit Dayle Garlett has been sentenced to 4 years and 8 months in jail over a string of drug, theft and driving offences. Details LIVE at 5 and 6PM.

We should have picked him up

so courageous of hodgey to let this criminal in to his home.

A very sad story. I hope he eventually wakes up to himself.

Just look how Krakouer went after his stint.
Let’s get in early.
WSPHU.

The public is better off with him behind bars.

WSPHU

When he’s out on parole.

Terrible when a troubled kid with a crappy background ends up in prison. Hope he can turn it around but the odds are very much against him now.

Probably the best place for him.

Hope Bennell is paying attention…he’s headed in that direction.

Probably the best place for him. Hope Bennell is paying attention..he's headed in that direction.

??

Probably the best place for him. Hope Bennell is paying attention..he's headed in that direction.

??

I think Pazza is meaning that, atm, with where his head is and how badly he is struggling, getting him off the street and into a place to hopefully rehab him and help him see what is going wrong, might be the best place for him.

Not saying I agree or disagree but thinking maybe that is what Pazza means.

A very sad story. I hope he eventually wakes up to himself.

This

??

I think Pazza is meaning that, atm, with where his head is and how badly he is struggling, getting him off the street and into a place to hopefully rehab him and help him see what is going wrong, might be the best place for him.

Not saying I agree or disagree but thinking maybe that is what Pazza means.

Needs to be in a very good live-in program skills based program for about six months and to have supervision. Very hard to get kids with his attitude to understand, he is at the crossroads of his life. Every decision he makes now either puts him further behind the eight ball or, offers him an opportunity to reform and refresh. Right now, I don't know whether he would be able to tell one from the other.

Really sad. Talent isn’t enough.

Poor stupid kid.

Back a couple of years when everyone wanted to draft him, I was told by someone in the recruiting business that he stood a really good chance of ending up in jail. I didn’t quite believe them at the time, cos everything I’d heard made it sound like he was just dumb and impulsive and easily led, but he knew the kid better than me so I took it on board. Mentioned that tidbit on here to … mixed reactions, but a couple of years later, here we are.

Sad.

“The Family Club”

Probably the best place for him.

Hope Bennell is paying attention…he’s headed in that direction.

Not sure Paz that jail is the best place for anyone. Too many young indigenous blokes in WA jails, with little hope for the future.

In fact, too many in jail full stop. 4 years 8 months is very serious time, and rehab is a failure.

Really, really sad.

There’s no drugs in jail.
None at all.

Can we use him off the rookie list on one of those “football playing while in jail rehab to integrate you into the community programs”?

Poor kid, hope he turns his life around from this.

Can we use him off the rookie list on one of those "football playing while in jail rehab to integrate you into the community programs"?

The Rookie B Block list?

Can we use him off the rookie list on one of those "football playing while in jail rehab to integrate you into the community programs"?

The Rookie B Block list?

Rockie List C (C being for convict)