Dayle Garlett to go in the slammer

Did Hodge teach him how to drive?

Can’t believe he gets nearly five years jail. They hate those colored blokes in WA.

There's no drugs in jail. None at all.
Look harder.

Should be in jail just for being connected with Hawthorn.

Can't believe he gets nearly five years jail. They hate those colored blokes in WA.
Fair observation.
Did Hodge teach him how to drive?

Couragesously.

Can't believe he gets nearly five years jail. They hate those colored blokes in WA.

What were the charges, and what is his record?

Not sure on the charges, but I heard his record was 4 grams in 36 hrs.

Can't believe he gets nearly five years jail. They hate those colored blokes in WA. W

Housebreaking, stealing cars and driving like a loon. String of offenses and convictions with non- custodial sentences. He has done bad, but he is a drug addict, not a career or violent crim. five years in the slammer and he us completely farked.

I have seen blokes who punch wives, kids and parents into hospital get good behavior bonds here in Victoria. Doesn’t pay to be a black bloke with issues in WA.

Can't believe he gets nearly five years jail. They hate those colored blokes in WA. W

Housebreaking, stealing cars and driving like a loon. String of offenses and convictions with non- custodial sentences. He has done bad, but he is a drug addict, not a career or violent crim. five years in the slammer and he us completely farked.

I have seen blokes who punch wives, kids and parents into hospital get good behavior bonds here in Victoria. Doesn’t pay to be a black bloke with issues in WA.

Looks like he finally ran out of non custodial time. Happens to anyone who continually behaves like that.

Agree that 5 years in the nick usually (but not always) farks people.
Also agree re being a black bloke in WA from what I have seen.

All you can hope is he turns out to be one of the ones who comes out the other side in a better space.

Goes in a screwed up kid due to being addicted to a crazy inducing drug.

Comes out an angry, disaffected, seasoned criminal, soon to be re-addicted to a crazy inducing drug.

Good job.

5 years?
Contact was minimal but he was high. I’d have thought he’d get 3 years down from 4 due to his record. If Hodge was anywhere in the vicinity, he’d get a further year taken off.

Got what he deserves. Can’t see the value in citing others criminal activities to justify his activities. Was given way more opportunities than the average person with his upbringing gets and was unable to take them. He has wasted a rare talent.
Well done to EFC in seeing him for what he is despite external pressure.

Not sure on the charges, but I heard his record was 4 grams in 36 hrs.
Bennell is quick, but l doubt even he can keep up that sort of pace.

Sorry but are we to believe that there is systemic racism throughout the WA judicial system and - if so - not anywhere else?

5 years seems a lot although fairly sure these ‘driving offenses’ included the death of a passenger in a car he was driving, pretty serious sh*t

BRING HIM IN

5 years seems a lot although fairly sure these 'driving offenses' included the death of a passenger in a car he was driving, pretty serious sh*t

No deaths, no violence, just drug fueled stupidity.

Sorry but are we to believe that there is systemic racism throughout the WA judicial system and - if so - not anywhere else?

Well Peeto, while we would all like to believe that our Courts are fair and just the record shows that if you are black your chances of going to jail are much higher than a white bloke who commits a similar offense, especially in WA and NT but even here in utopia Victoria. No cases are exactly the same and Magistrates and Judges are not evil racists, but these stats do not lie.

Having spent a lot of time in local Courts, it is true that if you wear a suit and tie, and have a higher quality and more expensive Lawyer than the Legal Aid Wally, you have a much better chance of retaining freedom. If you can get others to give references, have a job, have parents who come to Court and care, and can eloquently speak to the Magistrate without looking like a crim, then it all helps. And then if you are black, with no job, no support network and a poor attitude, you are farked, and will go to jail, make new friends, learn new trucks and continue to be a drug user.

<blockquote And then if you are black, with no job, no support network and a poor attitude, you are farked, and will go to jail, make new friends, learn new trucks and continue to be a drug user.

Love a Kenworth or a Mack. Man and IVECO are okay but you can never learn enough trucks.