Dempsey into the Midfield?

Given his pace and his excellent delivery (at least on exposed form), why not play Dalgleish on a wing? I wouldn't mind leading to his passing, and if he was in a position where it was a foot race between him and his opponent, with only the goals ahead of him, I think I would be tempted to back him in.

Definitely not....

Need his run off half back....

His run of the half back is first class, let him stay there and punish lazy forwards. That’s the Dempsey I love to watch.

midfield = more running up and back = dempsey = injuries.

He's a machine off half back. Has improved heaps defensively and has the dash and creativity that sets up so many of our counter-attacks. When he's out of the side you can really notice his absence and how much it hurts the team

I wonder what he’d look like with a beard. He should grow one.

I liken Dempsey to Andrew Walker of Carlton. Very good standard AFL players in defence or attack, but no idea how to play in the midfield.

You would only consider it if someone like Dalgleish took his game to Dempsey levels off HB, And I can't see that happening in 2014.

Has anyone ever heard of the expression: "If it ain't broke, don't fix it."?

I don't think that applied to Dempsey's leg though.

Buckets at FB, Joe at FF, then 16 midfielders.

Buckets at FB, Joe at FF, then 16 midfielders.

Nah... too many Free Kicks Against, whenever a goal is kicked.

Has anyone ever heard of the expression: "If it ain't broke, don't fix it."?

Look at the top 4 teams. They have half forwards and half backs who rotate into the midfield. We could do things like Dempsey going into the middle, with Winderlich going back and playing Watson deep forward.

Reminds me of an emu. 

True story.