Derek Kickett returning to Windy Hill

Sheeds was right in that article, but Michael Symons? Sheeds pls

1 Like

DK is a liar.

ā€˜The best revenge is to live wellā€™

Holding onto your side of history on somebody elseā€™s decision for 24? years now must have an interesting effect on your psyche.
Plenty of blitzers have gone a bit funny about Saga, and that was only handed down 18 months ago.

Dekka was a very good player who should be known as much more than a trivia question, but it really seems like heā€™s let it rule him.

In fairness to D Kickett, they brought it up not him. He could always say ā€œmove along, I donā€™t want to talk about itā€ but you can bet that would be a talking point in itself and would add to the speculation.

I reckon most of these shows are scripted, he wouldā€™ve known going into it.

Itā€™s been the main topic of discussion since 1993. Youā€™d reckon those asking the questions would have a few different ones to ask by now.

DK knew the question was coming, and knew what he was going to say too.

DK is a liar

Heā€™s had plenty of practice.

He was a special type of player. Pity it ended the way it did between him and the club and Sheeds.

6 Likes

BRING JAKE IN

Thatā€™s great to hear. Was a good guy Dekka, lived round the corner from me, I door knocked him for an autograph as a kid, gave the autograph and a can of coke!

11 Likes

Btw, Iā€™ve never seen a guy who could kick torps on the run like he could

3 Likes

yes did one Benfti against Hawthorn at VFL park that was incredible to watch live

1 Like

just caught up on yesterdays marngrook, and I know it was said in jest but Peter Daicos can eat a bag for saying we needed to be swabbed after our win against the cats

2 Likes

DK was front row at the VFL on Saturday

4 Likes

Was one of my favorites as I kid. Kicked possibly the most ridiculous goals Iā€™ve ever seen in a legends game. Over head snap from the behind post.

1 Like

He did it all the time, that one at VFL park @CJohns was talking about would have been from 65.

1 Like

His goal against Geelong in 1992 was incredible. Somehow got itself in trouble then out of it with 3 blind turns

His torps on the run were amazing, remember he kicked one against carlton in 92 at VFL park. We were down all day and ran over the top of them, Kickett got us going in the last.

2 Likes

The next home game ā€˜Bomber Legendā€™?

The next home game is Dreamtime.

Bring him in

4 Likes