#5 Devon Smith

Sounds like they might have a few second rounders on offer. Any chance we get tge Freo one? Perhaps we will be just on trading to WB or GC anyway for Stringer or Saad

Glad we got this one done. If the Dogs want to knock back a perfectly good deal, then they can suffer. They’re not going to get anything better from anyone else. They’ve already lost.

This is fantastic.

WB loss, Essendon gain.

8 Likes

Means we get Smith for the equivalent of about pick 50 - good result!

Worried this means that Ess think Stringer won’t be done now though. Saad 99.9% likely to be done in coming days though now it seems

3 Likes

Would think Saad is done today, we have the picks to do it, they need to move him on so they can focus on the Ablett deal.

1 Like

We might want the future second for FS bidding and will use future first on stringer - just a guess

That can’t be right can it? pick 11 for Smith and 2 second rounders?

I’m reading that right?

Getting the 2018 2nd is good. Coverage for Mason Fletcher points if needed. Now, Our 2018 first could be in play and back ourselves to finish top 4.

4 Likes

I suspect we will spend one of our 2018 2nd rounders getting Stringer/Saad.

1 Like

So we have 4 second rounders to get Stringer and Saad

Excellent we got a mid/wing of high calibre into the club.

Title change

1 Like

Did something happen!

1 Like

Nice!

Will surely be trading off some 2nd’s for low first rounder for Stringer.

Lol.
Western Bulldogs are gonna be p*ssed.

1 Like

Excellent news! The first piece of the puzzle falls…

Welcome to Essendon: Devon Smith.

I think it’s smart by the recruiters. We are getting the best possible value for pick 11 by getting back two second rounders. We can’t wait until Thursday next week for the dogs to come to the party and expect to get all three deals done.

So its not 2 second rounders??
It’s pick 11 for Smith and 24 -yeah?

So now we have 4x second rounders:

• 1 for Saad

• 2x second rounders for a 1st rounder selection from Brisbane/Richmond/Adelaide etc

• 1 x first rounder for Stringer

Yes Dodoro

7 Likes

FLICK them…they had their chance and they blew it

Genuinely proud our club didnt cave in to those pissants at the Dogs. they should know their place and take what their given

25 Likes