Different Strokes for Different Blokes

I reckon Thompson will play Hurls back.
I think he will give an opportunity immediately to someone who stands out this preseason (like a Browne/Kav/Colyer/Edwards etc..) to hit the ground running in the seniors at the start of the year.
I think re:selection, Thompson probably had a fairly large say in selection.
You could see from the fact that a senior appearance was usually on the back of some sustained form in the two's that Thompson brought that over from the Cats.
He did mention on SEN today the chance of Ryder going back too at times (in reference to the flexibility of our talls), so who knows.

Every club at every level looks to their reserves side for possible inclusions in the ones. You sound like you are saying our club didn't do that before Thompson returned. There is no substance to that.
Fair enough.
I'm just remembering certain Geelong players having to really prove their worth with a long apprenticeship in the 2's before Thompson played them. Just thinking that it could be a genuine philosophy Thompson may have instilled in the match committee.Just a guess.
IIt is just as much about the depth of the list sometimes, as to why players just have to keep playing well in the 2's before a chance arises.
Sometimes there's just plenty of injuries, and players get a shot even with patchy 2nds form.
There are other variables, so yeah no real substance!!! :D
And you think at every other club, every other year before about the early 2000s clubs were just guessing and randomly selecting their new kids any old time??