Dimma wants to clubs to have power of player movement

I'm saying Paddy and Beams are outliers, they will happen once every 5 years. And there's not much you can do and the whole thing shouldn't change because of it. You'd hope ASADA would never happen again and in the Beams situation both clubs would play ball and work out a fair trade to fix a genuine family issue.

Excluding those two irregular occurrences, players cannot “handpick where they go” bar free agency. So again, what’s the point of this article/discussion?

It’s been an irregular occurrence.
Will it still be irregular in the future? I don’t think so.

Quoted Post

Dimma obviously thinks Paddy is a cvnt.

Who doesn’t?

Quoted Post

Quoted Post
Quoted Post
Quoted Post
Quoted Post
I don't get what this solves? Are we suggesting players can be shipped off mid term against their will? If so I don't like it. And it's not fair I don't think when some blokes are only [yes "only"] on 200-300k. For a sport where you're on $4 mil a year you'd go shovel ■■■■ in Alice Springs but that's not the case in AFL.

I don’t get how this affects the Ryder/Beams thing. We probably won’t see the ASADA/Illness thing again for a while at least but nothing would fix that. Your club trades them, or seems like total dicks. It’d still happen under this other system.

If it’s an overhaul to the whole “walk in the PSD” thing I can see how that’d help.

Beams, Ryder, Griffen, Boyd, Clark, Cooney all traded while under contract this season. Three of those are “special circumstances”, three of them aren’t, they’re just players wanting to leave and nominating a club. I don’t like where the power balance in trades sits at the moment, and it’s not going to change without some sort of rule change.

If anything it wouldn’t affect “walk to the PSD” at all, because it’s a discussion about contracted players, not players whose contract has run out.

But that’s the club’s fault. If they were under contract, the club doesn’t have to trade them at all.

It’s not our fault Paddy desperately needed to just get out of Essendon… and only going to the best up and coming side in the league could fix his issues.

If a player wants to leave mid contract, they shouldn’t be able to handpick where they go. Imagine if we could have actually traded with GWS last year?

Should’ve sent him to EDFL or WRFL shitkickers at the bottom of div 3.

The problem with that line of thinking is we might have got Langford or Laverde, but not both.