Dimma

Don't know if the subject has been touched on before, but after watching Damian Hardwicke stressing to the Tiger supporters to show some respect to the Essendon players, especially Jobe, l wondered what If? If the board had appointed Dimma coach instead of Mathew Knights, how would have the last 3 years would have played out? Don't get me wrong, huge man love with James Hird, glad he took up the reins, but the last 7 months has been horrible for all concerned. Have been a staunch supporter and member for 53 years, ever since Geoff Leek come to my school and put an Essendon scarf around my neck at the age of 6, also have had a member of my family being Secretary of the club. We can look forward to 2014 and as they say "The Cream Rises To The Top"  Your thoughts? Go Bombers !!!

He got the Tigers to the finals... must be a great coach

Tiges will probably be dumped out of the finals Week 1.

They will then ■■■■■ over that for the next decade.

During this time no further finals will be played.

Hardwick will have another 2 years max.

Then it will all end horribly in a traditional Tiger farewell of thrown-away memberships & spittle showers.

Dimma's fate is written already.

I love these what if threads. 

What is Dimma could use PP? What if Knights have a defensive game plan? What if we took Cyril? What if Hird didn't coach Essendon? What if Dank wasn't a lose ■■■■? 

Seriously opening up unnecessary discussions and opening up Tiger bashing in this case.

after watching Damian Hardwicke stressing to the Tiger supporters to show some respect to the Essendon players, especially Jobe

Where did u see this, out of curiosity??
I have wondered the same thing, and I think going forward we are in a better place than had we employed Dimma - as long as the current penalties are all the team receives (pending investigation). Getting Knights was the bottoming out we needed - it's just the rise back up that has been too fast-tracked.
I love Dimma though, and would be very happy if we did get him instead of Knights.

Love Dimma, he is a Top Bloke.

There is, however, only one James Hird.

Always love Dimma, was my first post ever, just the thoughts crossed my mind, hope the boys stick it up the Tigers Saturday night and give Hilly and NLM a great send off

It was at his presser today.
I saw it on the channel 7 news.

It was at his presser today.
I saw it on the channel 7 news.

Was also on 360

Ok cheers, will record a replay of 360

Seen it on Fox Footy and Ch 9, still has a bit of love for his old club, also said he will give Hirdy a call when things settle down, premiership friendships never die

Don't know if the subject has been touched on before

Iiiin 3...2....1.....

For me Knights episode is far worse than this year. We had hope this year about our playing list and we know we have good coaches. Wouldn’t want to live through Knights era again. Dimma would have made a huge difference.

What if we took Cyril?

YOU MEAN TO SAY THERE WAS A CHANCE HE COULD HAVE BEEN OURS??????*
*lol just kidding

Could have, but they chose David Myers, history will be the judge

Could have, but they chose David Myers, history will be the judge

Do you think I should start a thread? Lol. I would probably be banned and I like it to much here!

l know, it's a bit like JFK not being assassinated, we will never know how the world would have been, or General Custer not listening to his scouts, "3000 Injuns over them hills" lol

Most likely we wouldn't have had Hird appointed after 3 years.  Which means no Bomber as well.  Yes, we may not have had this whole scandal but who's to say we would have been better off. We still might have been struggling around 8th-12th position if Dimma's gameplan/philosophy didn't work with the group he had.  We might have traded different players, drafted different players.

Too many external factors to judge if we had of been better or worse off recruiting Dimma.  All we can really say is things would be different.

If he'd got his Powerpoint to work properly then he would still be coaching the Bombers.  

If he is out of contract at Ninthmond then maybe we can poach him for a year?  Wilson would be ropable!!!!