Dinner

Is that vege ‘meat’ loaf? Could only be better than the real stuff

Last night l went to the Green Chili just near the Japanese Bridge here in Hoi An town. it turns out the co-owner and head chef is married to an old friend of mine. We caught up yesterday over coffee. For dinner l let him choose for me, local prawns with flat string pasta, and a home made sauce. l ordered early and just as well l did, the place was empty when l arrived and half full by the time my meal arrived. l will probably go back there before l leave. Had a glass of a nice and smooth French cab sav as well.

For lunch today l had a sausage roll, for the first time in about 35 years in a local sports bar.

Quoted Post

Is that vege 'meat' loaf? Could only be better than the real stuff

Definitely the best “mock roast” recipe I’ve found, and to my taste better than the one Sanitarium sell.

Sautee one chopped brown onion in olive oil with 2 cloves minced garlic and 1-2 tsp el yucateco green habanero sauce (depending on taste). When the onion is translucent, add a big fistful of arborio rice, keep cooking for a couple of minutes. Add 2 cup chicken stock, bring to boil, then simmer for 10 minutes. Add a packet (250gm) of finely chopped spinach, bring to boil then simmer for as long as it takes to thaw the spinach plus 5 minutes more. Season, then serve in a soup bowl topped with a generous amount of shaved parmesan.

Onion and green pepper
Saute
Add El Yucateco red sauce
Add 125gm mixed seafood and season with pepper and salt
Add parsley
Add boiling water
Simmer for 5 minutes
Top with coriander
Muy rica!

Calling on the BBQ meat experts, I think THT is the man here, even though you’ve moved.

Where can I find a quality butcher who knows what they’re doing and I can get a nice piece of beef brisket to cook?

I’m no expert but I seem to end up with skirt steak or absolutely no fat on it. It also just looks way too thin.

Anywhere in Melbourne just not the S/E suburbs.

Roasted poblano and corn soup.

Quoted Post

Calling on the BBQ meat experts, I think THT is the man here, even though you've moved.

Where can I find a quality butcher who knows what they’re doing and I can get a nice piece of beef brisket to cook?

I’m no expert but I seem to end up with skirt steak or absolutely no fat on it. It also just looks way too thin.

Anywhere in Melbourne just not the S/E suburbs.

Sorry I missed this. Only came in to comment on my ■■■■ dinner in Perth…

Anyway. If price is no object Bertie’s Butcher in Swan St Richmond is very good. They know all the proper cuts, and their meats are hand raised organic and tucked into bed each night. Their brisket is really good, it’s a massive cut though, but I just haven’t got the skills to cook it yet.

Perth Restaurant review.

Fast Eddies.
■■■■ Eddies.

First crack at beef ribs. Not sure I hit the right cut, but we’ll soon (8hrs) find out…

I love your food pics!

So, after 2 hours on smoke (combo of alder, mesquite, hickory) I got bored and put them in some beer in the oven. I don’t want to end up with jerky.

Thanks em

Meat sweats kicking in…came out pretty good after the braising in beer a couple hours. Don’t think I’ll do them again, just too beefy.

Never been a fan of beef ribs.

Yeah. I think I’ve just OD’d on them.

BBQ’d pork ribs with a mate a year or so ago, got the meat sweats baaaaaad.

Korean BBQ tonight at the Soulnet residence. What you see here is for 2 people. I’m full :slight_smile:

Kudos to Saladin for installing the downlights! :slight_smile:

Medium rare rump steak with vegetables

kanga burger in pita bread with mushroom, onion, avocado, tomato, beetroot and BBQ sauce. mmmmm mmmmmmm