Dinner

cordon blueeeehuuuueh

What are meat sweats?

When you’ve eaten so much gyros the grease starts coming out of your skin.

There’s no such thing as so much yiros. Only too much tzatziki.

Quoted Post

There's no such thing as so much yiros. Only too much tzatziki.

Lies!

Lets get Chinese they said

It’ll be good they said

feel sick

Quoted Post

Quoted Post
There's no such thing as so much yiros. Only too much tzatziki.

Lies!

You’re the liar.

It’ll be good they said

feel sick

Still never had good (standard) Chinese. Is there such a thing?

there is, but it wasn’t this restaurant.

Quoted Post

It’ll be good they said

feel sick

Still never had good (standard) Chinese. Is there such a thing?

DUMPLINGS ARE YOUR FRIEND!

Jungle duck curry tonight.

‘jungle duck’ sounds like a racial euphemism.

Missus made chicken soup last night (real one, not packet shit) absolutely nailed it!

Quoted Post

Quoted Post
Calling on the BBQ meat experts, I think THT is the man here, even though you've moved.

Where can I find a quality butcher who knows what they’re doing and I can get a nice piece of beef brisket to cook?

I’m no expert but I seem to end up with skirt steak or absolutely no fat on it. It also just looks way too thin.

Anywhere in Melbourne just not the S/E suburbs.

Sorry I missed this. Only came in to comment on my ■■■■ dinner in Perth…

Anyway. If price is no object Bertie’s Butcher in Swan St Richmond is very good. They know all the proper cuts, and their meats are hand raised organic and tucked into bed each night. Their brisket is really good, it’s a massive cut though, but I just haven’t got the skills to cook it yet.

Thanks heaps for that, will definately give it a try to see what a proper cut should look like.

I’m not very skillful and don’t have the whole set up to BBQ, I cook it in the oven. Just finding it’s too dry, even after mucking around with the recipe, so wanna make sure I’m starting from the right place.

That way I’ll be able to pick out a good cut right away.

It’s “Meat Free Week”.
Just thought I’d mention it.

P.S. I don’t think it means they’re handing out flesh gratis, but with this government, who knows.

https://meatfreeweek.org/recipes
Some pretty flash looking grub in there but if you’re looking for a tasty snack it’s pretty hard to beat a banana sandwich.

let me know when it’s free meat week

Quoted Post

It's "Meat Free Week". Just thought I'd mention it.

P.S. I don’t think it means they’re handing out flesh gratis, but with this government, who knows.

https://meatfreeweek.org/recipes
Some pretty flash looking grub in there but if you’re looking for a tasty snack it’s pretty hard to beat a banana sandwich.

Some of those dishes look delicious. Thanks :slight_smile:

best vegan cook book going around:

Quoted Post

best vegan cook book going around:

Cheers, I’ll hunt it out. I’m constantly flummoxed by vegie cookbooks, I get all excited when I get them and then, I don’t know, they need bul lshit ingredients or they look like it’s a lot of effort for minimal reward or they just don’t seem to hit the spot. I end up using them once or twice and then they get long term parking on the bookshelf, where at least they look pretty. The only one I constantly use is “Vegie Food”, the 2009 edition, and even then I reckon I’d be lucky to have attempted more than 15% of the recipes.
I know you’re not supposed to admit it anymore but the problem is I don’t mind eating but I can’t ■■■■■■■ stand cooking. Which reminds me, it’s my turn to cook tonight…Urggh!
Wonder if I’d get away with banana sangers if I toasted them, sprinkled some paprika on top, served them with basic salad and salsa and told my better half it’s called “Caribbean Ba-Nan”.

as you can probably tell by the title, the book comes with a language warning.