Dinner

Must be getting cooler. An old fashioned beef stew tonight.

Anyone here been to Il Solito Posto? Any recommended dishes?

Try the Steak McQuire

Cheers. I might give it a try next time I’m in Brunswick.

Anyone know where I can get this stuff without paying ~$40/bottle on ebay? It's a garbage chilli sauce, but with a bit of olive oil, lime and coriander it's a kick-■■■■ salad dressing.

Check out USA Foods in Moorabbin. They have a website.

http://www.usafoods.com.au/Mexican/Mild

Looks like they’ve got it…Cochranes Road, not far from Warrigal and South.

$2 a bottle if you get 3.

Quoted Post

A reply to: @Silly Billy regarding QuoteLink
A reply to: @Aceman regarding QuoteLink
A reply to: @Silly Billy regarding QuoteLink
A reply to: @em2009 regarding QuoteLink
Cooked a nice rabbit stifado tonight. Prepared a marinade last night of some balsamic vinegar and bay leaves and let the rabbit pieces soak overnight. Cooked it tonight with some sauteed onions, palm sugar, cinnamon, garlic, tomatoe paste, rosemary, red wine anpd a few other spices and herbs. Served it with garlic roasted spuds. Used to eat rabbit a lot as kids but probably only have it a couple of times a year now, my wife normally isnt a fan but enjoyed it tonight

Got any leftovers for me?

Not even any left for myself. Have a 16yo who despite being thinly framed devours food like a vacuum cleaner. He had 3 serves and then still asked what was for dessert

and what was for dessert?

Had some over ripe bananas that were going to be thrown out so made a banana and butterscotch self saucing pudding in the microwave

Got a recipe for us??

This serves 4 To make the batter: -In a large bowl mix 1 cup of SRF, 1 cup of brown sugar and 4 teaspoons of cinnamon, whisk out the lumps or sift. -In a small bowl mix 80 grams of melted butter (slightly cooled), 3/4 Cup of full cream milk, 2 mashed bananas and 2 teaspoons of butterscotch or vanilla essence. - Make a well in the dry ingredients and pour in the wet ingredients, mix until combined. - If you want you can add 3/4 cup of White choc chunks, nuts, caramel chunks etc to final mixture for extra taste. - I pour the batter into 4 soup mugs. - Make the sauce, 1/4 Cup golden syrup, 40g butter, 1/2 cup brown sugar, 200ml boiling water, mix all together ( I use a glass jug) - Using the back of a spoon pour the sauce carefully over the individual mugs of batter. - Microwave the mugs individually for about 1.10 on high, add cream or icecream if you want Pretty quick and easy to make and tastes pretty damn good, not great if you are watching your calories though lol
Made this last night @Aceman and it was delish. Thanks for posting the recipe.
Anyone know where I can get this stuff without paying ~$40/bottle on ebay? It's a garbage chilli sauce, but with a bit of olive oil, lime and coriander it's a kick-■■■■ salad dressing.

Check out USA Foods in Moorabbin. They have a website.

Anyone know where I can get this stuff without paying ~$40/bottle on ebay? It’s a garbage chilli sauce, but with a bit of olive oil, lime and coriander it’s a kick-■■■■ salad dressing.

I got some prawns and other seafood.

Chopped onions and green capiscum in a little oil.
Seafood
Shitload of hot sauce (I like the Byron Bay coconut-based one for seafood)
After it’s softened
About a cup of water.
Salt and pepper
Simmer about 5 minutes
Add chopped coriander

Muy rico!

HOLY FRICJEN ****BALLS

This just happened!

Alder Smoked salmon on cedar planks.

Now, you probably don’t need the smoker, i just did it for dramatic effect, cause your cooking at high temperature. An oven at 350F for about 20-25 minutes…But the cedar planks set this thing off like nobodies business.

You get the planks for about $6-7 dollars from Aldi. And a simple marinade of soy sauce, olive oil, garlic, ginger, splash of sesame oil and rice vinegar.

Probably the simplest dish you will ever make.

That looks so good THT.

My mouth is watering, and I’m not even hungry !

HOLY FRICJEN ****BALLS

This just happened!

Alder Smoked salmon on cedar planks.

Now, you probably don’t need the smoker, i just did it for dramatic effect, cause your cooking at high temperature. An oven at 350F for about 20-25 minutes…But the cedar planks set this thing off like nobodies business.

You get the planks for about $6-7 dollars from Aldi. And a simple marinade of soy sauce, olive oil, garlic, ginger, splash of sesame oil and rice vinegar.

Probably the simplest dish you will ever make.

I’m coming round to your house .The beers are on me.

Farenheit?

You’re spending too much time looking at seppo crap THT.

Farenheit?

You’re spending too much time looking at seppo crap THT.

All my gauges are US and so are the 99% of the recipes. At first I tried to convert but it’s just too confusing.

@coldblood see you soon

Get gauges made in the real world then.

Is it more economical to boil a pot of water on a gas stove or in a kettle?

Kettle > microwave > stove

Kettle > microwave > stove

Kettle would use the least energy, but gas is that much cheaper I think it'd be gas > kettle > microwave

It all depends on what you pay per Kw for power, & how much per btu for gas, whether it’s natural or lpg, wattage of kettle time to boil 1 cup etc etc.

W/out all the info, it’s like asking how long is a piece of string.

Calling on the BBQ meat experts, I think THT is the man here, even though you've moved.

Where can I find a quality butcher who knows what they’re doing and I can get a nice piece of beef brisket to cook?

I’m no expert but I seem to end up with skirt steak or absolutely no fat on it. It also just looks way too thin.

Anywhere in Melbourne just not the S/E suburbs.

We buy all our meat at Ralph’s in South Melbourne Market. We do a big shop every three months or so, get great meat and good prices.

We BBQ eye fillet piece of about 1 kg, just coated with good olive oil and salt and pepper. Takes about 20 minutes to cook, as we like it rare and stand for 10 minutes.

Ralph has excellent beef, with all the cuts , great lamb and pork. Makes very good snags as well.

We also get seafood from the guy opposite, and do Oysters on the Barbie as well