Dinner

Anyone know where I can get this stuff without paying ~$40/bottle on ebay? It's a garbage chilli sauce, but with a bit of olive oil, lime and coriander it's a kick-■■■■ salad dressing.

Check out USA Foods in Moorabbin. They have a website.

http://www.usafoods.com.au/Mexican/Mild

Looks like they’ve got it…Cochranes Road, not far from Warrigal and South.

$2 a bottle if you get 3.

Give this a crack…

http://www.usafoods.com.au/Blairs-3-AM-Reserve

Looks dangerous.

Blairs sauces can kiss my ■■■■ - about 12 hours AFTER I’ve had a big meal of their product.

Everything that’s bad in hot sauce making. All heat, no flavour, bottle covered in ■■■■■■■ skulls to make it look macho. Bah.

You might want to try El Yucateco…they have a few tasty varieties, plus one real hot one. I know you can get it at La Mannas in Essendon Fields…might be a bit far for you.

Chicken Parmigiana with salad and a slice of chia bread with fench onion dip spread on.

I would love to know if you can get the green relish that Americans put on hot dogs… ever since going to America I’ve been wandering what was in it as they served it with mustard and ketchup too.

I would love to know if you can get the green relish that Americans put on hot dogs.. ever since going to America I've been wandering what was in it as they served it with mustard and ketchup too.

Masterfoods gherkin relish is pretty close to it.

But you’re in the south-east, try USA Foods in Moorabbin.

Just had a squiz - hot dog relish - Heinz and Vlasic - about $4.60 a jar.

USA foods in Moorabbin has most things you’ll need, and plenty that are just nasty.

I know some in here reckon Tabasco is rubbish, but their chipotle variety is at Coles and it’s pretty nice

USA foods in Moorabbin has most things you'll need, and plenty that are just nasty.

I know some in here reckon Tabasco is rubbish, but their chipotle variety is at Coles and it’s pretty nice

can’t stand chipotle.

Real shepherds pie tonight. With lamb mince. Not beef mince as some seem to use. Beef mince makes it a cottage pie.

Fired up our wood fired pizza oven. Home made base and sauce and veggie toppings. Delicious.

Is there anything decent here, or are they just run-of-the-mill sauces?

EDIT: The pomegranate one sounds interesting and someone needs to give a bottle of the Crowley’s Hot Sauce to Ryan.

http://www.goodfood.com.au/good-food/top-10-cook/taste-test-top-10-newwave-australian-hot-sauces-20160215-gmjok0.html

Is there anything decent here, or are they just run-of-the-mill sauces?

EDIT: The pomegranate one sounds interesting and someone needs to give a bottle of the Crowley’s Hot Sauce to Ryan.

I haven’t tried any of those brands, but the sauces are probably all based off of a handful of recipes and then tweaked.
If you are after that great smokiness then those chipotle/smoked jalapeno sauces are always nice, but not necessarily hot.
The heat and fruitiness of the Habanero’s should go nicely with the tang of the pomegranate.

Love me some good hot sauce on sticky roast chicken wings.

Microwaved hamburger between two hot floppy slices of bread. With sauce.
Top that.

Microwaved hamburger between two hot floppy slices of bread. With sauce. Top that.

You should take a photo and send it into ‘Cook Suck’ on Facebook. Star material right there

Id better win something

Just a bit of freestyle planking/smoking in the webber Q in preparation for a ‘camping’

20 min and we’re done! The planks are burnt to the schizen hausen, so probably go lower temp. And the smoke box I was using got well out of hand.

Let’s see how she tastes…

Cure it for a couple of days first.

■■■■■■ tasty. Will be a bit of a fancy dinner to roll out while we’re camping and everyone’s having sausage in bread.

does this make a massive difference? i’m keen to try it out in my pizza oven with a whole fish but wasn;t sure on how necessary the curing is.

do you guys just use lemon juice and salt?

Cooking Porterhouse steak with vegies. I struggle to get it to restaurant quality with medum rare…

does this make a massive difference? i’m keen to try it out in my pizza oven with a whole fish but wasn;t sure on how necessary the curing is.

do you guys just use lemon juice and salt?

I’ve never cured meats, but I just thought you cured it and then it’s ‘cooked’ no need to use heat.