Dinner

Well done mate, congrats. The little down under Hot sauce co. that could eh?

Aussie Aussie Oi!

Was Blitz just infomercialed?

Was Blitz just infomercialed?

Hot Sauce and Bambillo blitz group buy!!

Can we all have free samples please

Well, that got a chilly response

Solianka tonight. Mmmm. The Russians know how to do winter food.

I’ve become a fully blown vegetarian in the space of 6 weeks. At first I felt really good, energetic and switched on. Now I’m absolutely rooted all the time. I’m incorporating iron from other sources as well as protein but am just generally knackered, grumpy and hopeless if I go for s run or do stuff in the garden.

Has anyone else done this? Does your body eventually just get used to it? I could murder a steak…,

I’ve never gone 100% full vego, but I have drifted into eating vegetarian more meals than not recently, purely for health reasons, and I’ve noticed the same a bit. One big steak or similar a week does wonders for my energy levels and especially my mindset - I’m a bit prone to depression and the longer i go without a meat binge the worse I feel and the more beaten down I get. My sister was vegetarian for something like 8 years, and she said the same. Never quite reached normal energy levels when she wasn’t eating meat.

I’ve got no solution for you that doesn’t involve scoffing large lumps of dead animal, unfortunately, but yeah, I’ve encountered the same thing.

Bugger. I was hoping an increase in iron laden veggies might have done the trick. I do feel quite flat come to think about it.
May have to reconsider.

I’m a vegetarian (for around 7 years now) who rarely thinks about the nutritional value of food but my better half does a bit and so there’s always plenty of dark greens-beans, broccoli, spinach etc and I love vitamin C fruit which apparently helps with iron levels and all that. http://www.vrg.org/nutrition/iron.php And I’ve reached the stage where I can tolerate tofu once a week if it’s been tarted up a bit. And I just scanned that list and found cashews are iron laden and we eat plenty of them.
No more prone to loss of energy than when I was an omnivore, never experienced the vegie high or low to be honest but different people would differ. So physically I never noticed much energy diff (up a bit ) but I’m at the ■■■ end of my 6th decade so I’m not sure if that affects the equation.
One change I’ve noticed is that if I inadvertently eat food cooked in animal fat, especially chips, they make me queasy which I thought was weird but a fellow vegie told me she is the same.

I'm a vegetarian (for around 7 years now) who rarely thinks about the nutritional value of food but my better half does a bit and so there's always plenty of dark greens-beans, broccoli, spinach etc and I love vitamin C fruit which apparently helps with iron levels and all that. http://www.vrg.org/nutrition/iron.php And I've reached the stage where I can tolerate tofu once a week if it's been tarted up a bit. And I just scanned that list and found cashews are iron laden and we eat plenty of them. No more prone to loss of energy than when I was an omnivore, never experienced the vegie high or low to be honest but different people would differ. So physically I never noticed much energy diff (up a bit ) but I'm at the ■■■ end of my 6th decade so I'm not sure if that affects the equation. One change I've noticed is that if I inadvertently eat food cooked in animal fat, especially chips, they make me queasy which I thought was weird but a fellow vegie told me she is the same.

If you want tofu that’s not just edible but sublime, go to Hanabishi in King Street at lunchtime and order the vegetarian set. Tempura vegetables and agedashi tofu. You will not regret it

Had this the other night.

48oz 28 day dry aged porterhouse (pretty sure it’s a T-Bone) seared on the outside, then sliced and cook each slice on a Pink Himalayan salt brick that’s heated to 500F.

Sorry if offended any vegos

You complete and utter ■■■■■■■ Vivian

I’d be asking if they’d mind cooking the ****er. Cannot cop it when it’s that ■■■■■■.

1 Like

I’d be asking if they’d mind cooking the ****er. Cannot cop it when it’s that ■■■■■■.

No, they just charred the outer, then we had a Himalayan rock salt brick to cook it on at the table.

No, they just charred the outer, then we had a Himalayan rock salt brick to cook it on at the table.

Had something kinda similar at knox city. Your steak gets served on a hot stone and you slice it ul and grill it yourself. Very tasty.

*Dont care if it offends Vego’s. Vegies have feelings too.

I had this for breakfast, got me through till dinner. I’d taken about 1/3 the meat out before I took the photo

Utter utter utter ■■■■■■■. Are you on hols or something

Was in NY for work, ate some genuinely good stuff, and some terrible stuff.

Didn’t stalk Jobe though.

Supposed to go back in November, so a few more things to try.