Dirty Hawks Recruit

THE FAMILY CLUB!!!!!!

Hawthorn recruit Zac Webster convicted of secretly making sex tapes, banned for two preseason games
BY EDITH BEVIN

Hawthorn player Zac Webster
A new recruit to AFL premiers Hawthorn has been convicted of secretly filming women engaged in sex acts.

Zac Webster, from Tasmania, was this year elevated to the club's senior list after a consistent season in the VFL last year.

The 19-year-old began preseason training just days after being convicted in Hobart's Magistrates Court for making explicit sex tapes of women without their knowledge.

In late October he was ordered to pay a fine and perform 140 hours' community service.

The court was closed to media and an application had to be made to view the court file.

The club said the AFL had been aware of the charges and Hawthorn has imposed a two-match penalty on Webster, to be served in the preseason competition.

He has also had to complete a number of special education sessions, which included a presentation to the Hawthorn playing group on the AFL's Respect and Responsibility policy.

Webster was not on Hawthorn's list when the offences occurred and informed the club after being drafted in 2013.

A spokeswoman for the club said it did not condone Webster's behaviour.

Gender equality expert Professor Catharine Lumby, who has advised National Rugby League officials and players on a number of incidents, said re-education of players in such cases was vital.

"I'm not saying players who do the wrong thing should be never allowed back on the field, but they only be allowed back on the field after it's very well established that they've had counselling and they've changed their attitudes and behaviours and they are prepared to stand up against violence and any kind of assault or harassment of women," she said.

The AFL has spent millions of dollars developing policies and programs for its young stars about appropriate behaviour towards women.
Its code of conduct includes instant dismissal or delisting for players convicted of a sexual offence.

The offences Webster was convicted of were not sexual offences, but Ms Lumby said high-profile individuals and organisations should take a firm stand against illegal sex recordings.

"This is becoming a growing issue and I think that Australian sport and other organisations need to lead the way and say zero tolerance for this behaviour - it's not OK," she said.

The AFL declined to comment.

In others words, they don‘t condemn it either.

In others words, they don‘t condemn it either.

That's only the case if it involves Essendon. 

Tasmania huh.

Too easy.

The club said the AFL had been aware of the charges and Hawthorn has imposed a two-match penalty on Webster, to be served in the preseason competition.
Webster was not on Hawthorn's list when the offences occurred and informed the club after being drafted in 2013.

ummm... not at the club when this happened and yet the AFL decides it can penalise you. Where does the AFL think its reach ends?

How did the Saints miss out on this guy?

It is interesting that he told them AFTER he was drafted, not before.

I love it how the article tries to protect the ‘family club’ by calling Webster a ‘new recruit’. Pretending that he’s only just arrived at the club at the draft last week and so attempting to distance the Hawks from his behaviour.

Um, nope.

He’s been a part of the club for a full year now, marinating in Hawthorn culture and enjoying the vaunted leadership of good ole Bruce-spooge-drenched Hodgey. He’s not a ‘new Hawthorn recruit’, he’s a hawthorn player.

He wasn't convicted for secretly filming sex acts. He was convicting for filming Dr Harcourt speaking at a convention without his knowledge.

I would like to know the circumstances of these recordings.

Was he hiding in his mum's cupboard?

It is interesting that he told them AFTER he was drafted, not before.

Where was their due diligence? 

Who would have thunk he was the deviant when his bro plays for the saints.

I actually know Zac and his family. Comes from a good background

Better check your house for any hidden cameras.

Better check your house for any hidden cameras.

Showtime

Tasmania huh.
Too easy.

you try getting your sister off your cousin

I take videos all the time. Big deal.

secretly of people having sex, without consent? 

(may want to read article again).

What kind of creep would I be if I told them I was doing it?

Pls upload.

Pls upload.

The one of you?