Disgraceful EFC - Extending pokies license to 2042

A discussion between adults; read and learn.

1 Like

LOL

1 Like

I was scared this was just more Melton Club google reviews- instead we get morality v public opinion, people getting over insults and ethics within capitalism. Well done Fry and Fox, though I find some conclusions troubling.

Not sure Lord Ewok and I are up to any conclusions. Lots of suppositions though.

alex can google to see what that means.

wow, supposition. yeah ill have to check the dictionary for that one :roll_eyes:

Don’t mix it up with suppository

2 Likes

Dentist love them too…

One armed bandit sorts them out.
Never means never.

you read it? you have more patience than me lord sir mr. alex.

made it past the first couple of sentences then checked out

That’s future Mrs ex lord sir ewok fox to you.

Iou

Collingwood sells its poker machine licences to MRC. That’s not its only profit. It also gets to keep its access to the Holden Centre. Under the estimated $300k annual Melbourne City Council funding arrangements for Collingwood access, there is a review clause if Collingwood retains pokies access after 5 years into the deal.
So, the Council’s anti- pokies stance has served to transfer the venues and machine numbers from one sporting club to another.
Yet when the EFC takes steps to preserve a financial asset , it gets damned.

3 Likes

@SMJ eat your heart out.

What I take from that is Do Not play the Hawthorn pokies.

9 Likes

Summary from the AFL Pokies report as noted above:

EGM concentrations are associated with higher levels of family incidents – that is, overwhelmingly, violence against women. Unless the AFL can address these issues directly, the well-intentioned aspirations and goals of the ‘Respect and Responsibility’ policy may be seen as hollow.

These results require substantial further investigation. However, this preliminary paper
suggests that a key way to pursue the goals of a key policy of the AFL will be to rapidly and
effectively support AFL clubs in taking steps to withdraw from the EGM business. Such a
move would demonstrate a clear commitment to gender equity, the pursuit of elimination
of violence against women, and the reduction of harm to vulnerable communities in
general.

In summary - EGM’s in Melton actively contribute to family violence, especially violence against women.

I thought pokies werelegal in this state.

If people want to play pokies they will, so it might as well be Essendon gaining the profits than some other Club or worse still the hotel industry.

I suggest a lot of these comments are from groups who would like to gain control of Essendon’s pokies for their own self good.

No one forces anyone to play these machines.

Why not get rid of Sports Bet and a myriad of other betting companies which are a plague on the game?

3 Likes

Blergh

They’ve rumbled our dastardly scheme.

And I would have got away with it, too, if it wasn’t for you darn kids.

2 Likes

FFS we can’t even run pokies right. Hawthorn are making about 140K per machine & we are only making about 63K. We need less tight-arses like SMJ & more addicts like Fox :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

5 Likes