Documentaries

Never knew they were young.

Also: far too weird to be as boring as the Eagles.

dudeagles

I love Steely Dan

1 Like

Did anyone here watch the Keli Lane documentary that was released late last year? The ex water polo player who was alleged to have murdered her newborn?

I had a mate encouraging me to watch it for a while so I finally gave it a go last night and watched the 3 part investigative doco in one sitting.

I’ve got to say, having seen it, there is a heap of doubt cast over the case and the way it was investigated and played out at trial.
Look, she may well have done it. She may have killed baby Tegan but gee, to convict someone of murder and imprison them for 18 years it would want to be proven beyond reasonble doubt, in the absence of a body.

She’s clearly a pathological liar and a bit of a nutter but I’m not sure she should have been convicted.

Some things were brought to light by this doco that were never investigated by the cops at the time such as:

1. A man living at the flats where Keli claimed the father ‘Andrew Norris’ lived, swore that he remembers seeing Keli regularly come and go. Police never interviewed him.

2. Keli claimed in a recorded police interview at the time she was charged that she continued to contact the man she said was ‘Andrew Norris’ until Feb ‘97 (Tegan born Sept’ 96) yet police never looked at phone records once they found that they only went as far back as Dec '96. They felt anything after Tegan was born (Sept) was irrelevant. Now they are all gone.

And a few more things that don’t add up.

Here it is for those interested. It is also on Netflix too. Just search Exposed and it will come up.

1 Like

https://www.whimn.com.au/talk/theres-been-a-break-in-the-keli-lane-case-heres-what-you-need-to-know/news-story/72c5748b0e3b9ba2c325c50c41ddecdd

What are people’s theories?

I didn’t follow the story, but have wanted to know a bit about what happened. Thanks for posting the ABC story. When I get the time will definitely watch it.

Cheers @miss_ellie. I’ll be interested in your thoughts. Well worth the watch :ok_hand:

1 Like

Diego, has some great dubbing into English.

https://www.netflix.com/title/81034946?s=a&trkid=13747225&t=cp

‘the Biggest little Farm’ on Stan.

Was intending to put it on in the background whilst pottering on the Internet.
That didn’t turn out as expected.
Beautiful, heart felt, and very educational doco about sustainable living and regenerative farming.
Have to concede, I shed a tear or 2.

The cinematography is striking, particularly with close ups of smaller animals and time lapses.
Just watch it…

1 Like

I’ll check it out

Another one worth watching is My Octopus Teacher, it’s on Netflix. You’ll probably want to turn it off in the first ten minutes, but hang in there. It’s oh so weird, but so good!

3 Likes

Interesting name.
I’ll check it out.

Was planning on re-Subscribing Netflix for at least a month to watch The Last Dance, and catch up on other new offerings on there !

Watched it today, was excellent. Even kept my 8yo engaged for the whole show.

1 Like

If you’ve got binge there’s one called the vow;

Basically it’s a HBO cult doco.

All kinds of fkd up.

I didn’t realise there was a Documentaries thread - I posted about this in the TV shows thread. So lovely!!

4 Likes

We Are The Champions - Netflix, 1 season, six episodes around 30 minutes each.

Docuseries about some weird and wonderful competitions and the people (and animals!) that take part in them! Topics include cheese rolling, chilli eating (thought of @Alan_Noonan_10 while watching this one!) , dog dancing and frog jumping!

4 Likes

Been a while but there’s a new Adam Curtis series, a six parter called “Can’t get you out of my head”. My apologies if it’s already been noted elsewhere.
If you’re a Curtis fan you’ll know what you’re in for. Just watched the first two episodes and it’s dazzling and disturbing and, true to the series title, I can’t get it out of my head.

1 Like