Dodoro and 'Mat Suckling'

maybe he signed off with a

“EAT MY BALLS”

3 Likes

Sooooo, in a nutshell we correctly rated Ambrose above this kid who never played a game and previously sent a bratty email to the club because he didn’t get picked?

Cool story, bro.

12 Likes

Nah it was for the VFL side

Not in any official capacity anymore due to time constraints. Just a member and have a few mates playing there. In the past I’ve been a sponsor and did some volunteer work around the club aswell as playing some underage footy there many moons ago

2 Likes

It’s not really an issue whatsoever. Just a mildly funny story.

In a nutshell, it sucks to be Suckling.

Petty? Perhaps, but if any of us applied for a job with an organisation, were unsuccessful, then sent an abusive email off to the hiring manager, would you then expect to get favourable treatment if you subsequently applied for another job at that same organisation with the same hiring manager involved? I’d say it’s doubtful. I get the emotive side of things but you don’t burn your bridges anywhere…

15 Likes

The undrafted (by every club, multiple times) Suckling seems a little bitter.

And nice to see the AFL ignoring their own rules (for draft errors) as per usual.

6 Likes

Lol.
Exactly. There’s just no way.

Dear Mr Hiring Officer,

Please give me a job.

P.S. Sorry for calling you a moron.

9 Likes

Meh. Sounds like someone with a little attitude problem.

3 Likes

Man remember when Bassett was going to be our next coach and take the league by storm?

Port, LOL.

Not the only rule they ignored with Suckling.
Allegedly.

Also, here is an image of a baseball umpire signalling a 3rd strike, which is not in any way related.

I actually rated the Sandringham Suckling back in the day.

Seems very pretty to not sign him for VFL based on that email. But it was VFL, was hardly going to matter for much.

But the rest of the story was pretty tough for the kid.

1 Like

Ho hum yet another negative pre season article about the Bombers.

1 Like

I thought the story was that we missed out on the good Matt Suckling when he went from Hawthorn to the Bulldogs.
Given we missed out on the average Suckling, it’s pretty much a non story.

7 Likes

…to the VFL list.

1 Like

Honestly I don’t even think that makes any difference. Even if we picked up the “good one” He’d probably have gone on to have a career equivalent to, idk, Greg Tivendale? it might have meant an extra one or two wins across that whole period, which definitely wouldn’t have been finals, and worse still, he’d have become a blitz whipping boy for being ‘soft’.

The process for deciding to reject the “less good one” though? It isn’t surprising.

1 Like

How is everyone so focussed on hating dodoro that no thoughts are given to the possibility he brought up the email to suggest a possible attitude problem with this guy?

Half the article reads of him stating how fkn good he is and implying all the recruiters got it wrong etc
Seems like a flog to me

18 Likes

Funny enough story, but some guy didn’t get picked for our VFL side. Big deal.

Ironically, it doesn’t even say we didn’t offer him a contract. It was saying they were discussing some things inside, and he decided not to wait and take the Collingwood contract he’d been offered.

3 Likes