Does or should the AFL help out the A-League

There seems to be a genuine fight on the AFL’s hands regarding this year’s A-League Grand Final.

The FFA have slated that Sunday May 17 is grand final day. However, Melbourne Victory are a very strong chance of earning the right to host the grand final itself. The AFL has fixtured the Western Bulldogs to play Fremantle that Sunday…the MCG can’t be used that day as Richmond are hosting Collingwood.

There are options open that I can see.

Let’s look at Friday May 15.

Essendon host North Melbourne at Etihad, but the MCG is free that night. Either the AFL moves our game to the MCG or it and the MCC allow the A-League play in front of 50000 or so there.

Simonds Stadium is free throughout that weekend. It is quite reasonable to suggest either the A-League goes to Geelong or the Doggies match is switched from Etihad down there.

AAMI Park and it’s 25000 capacity would be considered far too small for the grand final in any case.

A-League ■■■■■■ up. They had a date for the GF but then changed it by a week. A-league should wear their ■■■■ up and let Victory play the final at AAMI Park (if we make it)

Quoted Post

There seems to be a genuine fight on the AFL's hands regarding this year's A-League Grand Final.

The FFA have slated that Sunday May 17 is grand final day. However, Melbourne Victory are a very strong chance of earning the right to host the grand final itself. The AFL has fixtured the Western Bulldogs to play Fremantle that Sunday…the MCG can’t be used that day as Richmond are hosting Collingwood.

There are options open that I can see.

Let’s look at Friday May 15.

Essendon host North Melbourne at Etihad, but the MCG is free that night. Either the AFL moves our game to the MCG or it and the MCC allow the A-League play in front of 50000 or so there.

Simonds Stadium is free throughout that weekend. It is quite reasonable to suggest either the A-League goes to Geelong or the Doggies match is switched from Etihad down there.

AAMI Park and it’s 25000 capacity would be considered far too small for the grand final in any case.

I like your idea of playing it on the friday night at the MCG. Would get a very big crowd, would be great for the game imo

Question for victory supporters, if you had to choose would you go to the grand final that victory was playing in or the essendon game which could very well be Fletchs 400th

I hear Windy Hill is available

Quoted Post

the bowls club is soccer shaped.

Quoted Post

Quoted Post

the bowls club is soccer shaped.

They are tough ■■■■■■ at the bowls club,they wouldn’t give it up

suggest that victory take footscrays’ spot.
should be a little more competitive and their president is not a Xunt>

The word is they will get the 'G on the Friday night. No matter who they play should the Victory host the final.

If victory make it - And take Etihad - Would/Should Footscray get a % of the gate?