Don The Stat Podcast Thread - Round 6 Preview vs Adelaide Out Now

Hi all, thought it would be better to start a new thread to keep track of these rather than posting in the selection threads.

Don The Stat is a podcast hosted by former Essendon FC analyst Jonathan Walsh and fellow Essendon fan Ian Hume. We tend to take a more analytical approach to match reviews and previews, considering the important stats and key tactics for upcoming matches.

The podcast is generally recorded live through Twitter Spaces. This allows people to listen to the show live and even participate by asking questions. This usually takes place on Thursday nights from 7pm and can be joined at Jono’s Twitter. The show is then uploaded as a podcast which can be consumed through all good pod feeds, including Apple and Spotify.

We’ve received some really positive feedback so far, but are always on the lookout for ways to improve the show. If you hae any suggestions or feedback I’ll be checking this thread regularly, so feel free to share.

14 Likes

Going live at 7:15 tonight, Podcast to follow. Join in by following the link below:

If you have any questions about the game plan or other Essendon related questions, feel free to add them below.

1 Like

awesome! looking forward to this. love your work on twitter :+1:

2 Likes

Really been enjoying Jonathon’s twitter threads and learning a lot from them.

Haven’t listened to the podcasts yet but will start to from now!

2 Likes

Match Preview against West Coast is up - out now on Apple and Spotify

Apple: ‎Don The Stat: Don The Stat Round 15 vs West Coast on Apple Podcasts

Spotify: Spotify

1 Like

Really enjoying your pod guys. Offers something different from others that I listen to. Thanks… very interesting analysis.

3 Likes

yeah agreed, came to conclusion i didn’t agree with, but understood how they got there, quite refreshing from a podcast in the current climate of big red fire truck loving nuffies.

3 Likes

Going live tomorrow night at 7:15 for the weekly show, listen live or access through the pod links afterwards

We also have an audience question for the show, let us know what you think

Live in 10 minutes using the link above

Round 16 preview is up now:

Apple: ‎Don The Stat: Don The Stat Round 16 vs Sydney on Apple Podcasts

Spotify: Spotify

1 Like

Really appreciate the depth of your analysis…
Which looks at both the positives and the negatives… most of which makes a lot of sense to me. I do feel a lot better after listening… having said that the Sydney game should give us some idea as to whether the team has improved much since they last met.
Agree with your thoughts on the Sheil / parker situation.
Plus your thoughts on Clarkeson sound spot on to me.
Ess is a very young inexperienced team badly in need of tough, experienced leaders who have tasted success… hopefully this will be addressed in the next draft period.
Anyway, thanks… its a great listen.

2 Likes

Cheers, thanks for the feedback :slight_smile:

Really good podcast! Not many places you can find analysis like this.

1 Like

Speaking of good analysis, Jono expands on some of the ideas he talked about last show in this Twitter thread:

2 Likes

Here’s Jono’s review of the Sydney game. We’ll go into more detail on Thursday’s show.

2 Likes

Congrats on getting to #3 on apple footy podcast list… you deserve it! Personally i would have you well ahead of #1 and 2!

1 Like

Who was it?

2 Likes

Going live a bit earlier tomorrow - can join in on Twitter Spaces from 2:30pm or listen through the Pod Feeds afterwards

If you have any questions you can ask us live or post below and we’ll get to them

Have had to change the start time to 5:15 for the live show.

1 Like