Round 23 show against Richmond recording live on Twitter Spaces tomorrow night

1 Like

Don the Stat Round 23 Preview against Richmond is out now

1 Like

Jono’s monologue from last week’s show in print form

3 Likes

Our Post Round 23 Review and Initial Post Season Thoughts are out now

1 Like

Interview with the man behind the 150th celebration Dr Dan Eddy can be found here:

3 Likes

I went to school with Dan. Great to see him doing so well and heavily involved in the club.
Does the podcast go into what kind of Doctorate he completed??

It’s one of the things I meant to ask him going into it but in discussing all the other topics I forgot to get back to

1 Like

It’s a great achievement for anyone from our school to get to that level of education. Normally when you hear that someone from school has done something, it’s not positive!

2 Likes

Looks like the below has the details about Dan’s PhD project:
https://researchonline.federation.edu.au/vital/access/manager/Repository/vital:14060?f0=sm_type%3A"Thesis"&sort=ss_dateNormalized+desc%2Csort_ss_title+asc

2 Likes

Our End of Season review is out now! Check it out on Apple or Spotify.

4 Likes

Thank you for sharing. Came across your podcasts late this year and have enjoyed listening to them.

3 Likes

Glad you’re enjoying them :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi everyone,

We’ll be doing a Q&A show this Thursday for Don The Stat listeners. This will be live on Twitter Spaces before being released on the regular pod feed.

If you want to participate, please post your question below. It can be about something from our End of Season review shows, a particular player or a more general question. We’ll respond on Thursday night. You can also join us live at https://twitter.com/JonathanJWalsh to ask your question to us directly.

Q: Could you kindly give us an opinion on McGraths best playing position. I’m somewhat curious as to where the stats say he should be played.

3 Likes

Love the podcast, haven’t been able to make the live shows due to a scheduling conflict so appreciate the subsequent podcast release.

Q: The three most influential stats for a midfielder, forward and back. Hear lots about stats in the media and everyone seems to have their favourites but which ones for each area of the ground potentially influence a result the most?

2 Likes

Q: The disposal efficiency stat gets talked about a lot. Plenty of people think it is rubbish. Your thoughts on it’s value and how to use it.

1 Like

Q: Use the stats to give some direction as to who we should take with our first pick in the draft.

Thanks for the great questions, I’ll add them to the running sheet for us to go through on Thursday.

We’re going to have a seperate draft show down the track, we’ll look to bring this up then.

3 Likes

Q: You’ve looked at the stats and seen what went right and wrong during the season. What are the key things you would be expecting us to be working on throughout the preseason that our training watchers might look out for?

We got to a couple of your questions in the first episode of our Q&A which you can listen to here

We’re hoping to have part two out in the next few days

2 Likes