Don The Stat Podcast Thread - Robert Shaw Unfiltered

Preview against Brisbane is out now. We recorded before the teams came out, so take some of the thoughts with a grain of salt.

Apple | Spotify

2 Likes

The second of our bonus episodes is out now. We talk with Inner Sanctum journalist Todd Davey about his Essendon backstory, his favourite players, key moments and some unpopular opinions.

Weā€™re looking to do more of these episodes, so if you would like to share your Essendon story or want to recommend someone to hear from please send me a message.

Apple | Spotify

1 Like

Best analysis on the Bombers games going around. Thank guys!

1 Like

Yep, love your work gents.

Educational.

2 Likes

Going live at 7:15pm tomorrow night to review Brisbane and look ahead to Gold Coast. Join us live on Twitter Spaces or listen afterwards through our Pod Feeds.

If you have any questions, please post below and weā€™ll get to them during the show.

Brisbane review and Gold Coast Preview episode is out now, check it out through all the usual channels.

Apple | Spotify

3 Likes

Excellent once again gents.

Really love the analysis. Gives me something to look for during the game, and helps my understanding and enjoyment of the footy whether we are winning or losing. Iā€™ve found that listening to you two talk through areas of improvement that we have (or have not) made has given me greater patience with what I hope is a journey for this club back to better things.

Great job.

1 Like

The third of our Bonus episodes is out. We speak with Swedish Superfan Toby about what itā€™s like supporting the Bombers from the other side of the world. Check it out now on Apple or Spotify.

1 Like

Amazing that Toby has stuck with the Bombers given the saga and lack of success since he picked Essendon as the team he would follow. Well done Toby for persistingā€¦ hope there are better times ahead.

1 Like

Yeah, that was my big takeaway, pretty amazing given that Collingwood (reigning premiers) were one of his other options he chose his team from. Guess he just has good taste!

1 Like

Don the Stat Preview vs Collingwood will record tonight via Twitter Spaces. Join in to ask any questions or listen afterwards through our Pod Feeds.

Match Preview against Collingwood is out now!

Apple | Spotify

2 Likes

Really looking forward to your analysis this week after shocking start and finish to the game against cwood. What a strange game!
I hate that team so much!

2 Likes

Yeah, Iā€™m still wrapping my head around it. Lot to like outside the end result though.

Weā€™ll be live on Twitter Spaces tonight at 7:15, with the show out on the Pod feeds around 9 tonight. Come join in if you have any thoughts or questions youā€™d like to share.

1 Like

We had a few issues downloading the show from our Twitter Spaces and weā€™ve currently lost the last 10 minutes. Weā€™re hoping to be able to fix it, but weā€™ve uploaded what we have to the feeds

Apple | Spotify

1 Like

Weā€™ve recovered the last section of the podcast and have reuploaded the episode - redownload it now to access the last 20 minutes, including Jonoā€™s story of the time Sheeds ordered him to break into Northā€™s facilities at Ardern Street.

Apple | Spotify

2 Likes

Episode Preview against GWS is up. Also reviewed the North game and talked about what to do with Nick Bryan.

2 Likes

Review against GWS and Preview of Port is now live.

2 Likes

Great podcast guys.

You do realise how frustrating it is to hear you blokes identify seemingly simple fixes to our problems, which then has us plebs wondering why the hell our coaching panel didnā€™t do that :slight_smile:

1 Like

Haha, thanks. Itā€™s easy to talk about these tihngs in hindsight. If I was giving the coaches the benefit of the doubt, their plan was mostly working up until just past half time, so they may not have seen the need to make changes at that stage.