Don The Stat Podcast Thread - Round 5 Preview vs the Western Bulldogs Out Now

5 Likes

Don the Stat’s preview for Round 3 Against St Kilda is out now

3 Likes

Which stats will start to show up if we are improving at our transition defence and defence as a whole, aside from the obvious of oppositions score.

Mid zone turnovers - basically when you can intercept between the arcs. It was a lot better this week, going to explore it in our upcoming show

1 Like

Ben McKay became the first Essendon player to have 6 or more Intercept Marks in a game across 2023 & 2024 (might be longer, we haven’t checked).

Jordan Ridley (3 times) & Mason Redman had 5 in a game in 2023. Dyson Heppell had 5 on Saturday against the Saints.

4 Likes

A day early, the Don The Stat Preview for Port Adelaide is out now

7 Likes

The Round 5 Preview against the Bulldogs is out now.

1 Like

That is correct. Prior to McKay, the most recent was Mason Redman with 6 in Round 20 2022.

The highest since 2015 is 8 by Aaron Francis in Round 23 2018.

1 Like

I really appreciate the work you both put into bringing us this pod. So clear and insightful. Makes me feel a lot less stressed.
Having said that, i am not feeling at all confident about the dogs game on Friday but hopefully we will see a better performance…
Injuries and recurring injuries are a big issue and dont help build a strong team and game plan.

1 Like

This was a really good ep.
Agree with RedSashonBlack… Can’t see us getting within 60 points tonight.

1 Like

That’s what I’m preparing for based on past history, so anything better than that will be a bonus

History says we don’t win tonight, but gee everything has been unnecessarily bleak based on a tough away fixture and game. I will be going along tonight and expecting an improved performance and win. I have no stats to give me any confidence, just a delusional supporter. BTW really enjoy the POD, thanks for the time and effort you invest to put together considered, less emotive thoughts on our team.

3 Likes

Thanks so much for another great episode. This has become my favourite Essendon podcast because the analysis is far more insightful than the nonsense on offer from the more observational, less data literate media.

4 Likes

Here, here… We need these kinds of pods now more than ever. My favourite Essendon podcast by a long way.

3 Likes

Thanks for all the kind words :black_heart::heart::black_heart:

3 Likes

Richly deserved. Here’s hoping the boys show an improved performance tongiht.

2 Likes

Yeah it’s so refreshing to hear some actual football analysis rather than fans ranting. Best fan podcast in the AFL!

2 Likes