Don The Stat Podcast Thread - Preview vs West Coast out now

Yeah, I lazily looked at AFL game players. So Nash indeed not Top Ten.

1 Like

Cheers, thanks for that. Still a challenging draw this year, but nothing on last year.

1 Like

Great podcast! the mention of the Lloyd bump on cornes brought back some memories. We played port early on in the season and we were terrible. Afterwards i heard cornes on the radio saying it was the easiest game of football he has ever played. I was pretty angry about it and wrote a letter to sheeds. To my surprise around 2 weeks later i got a letter back from him saying that he hadnt heard that interview and was as ropable about it as i was. He told me in no uncertain terms that port and cornes would cop it in the return match.

14 Likes

Great story, love it!

1 Like

Couple of new posts on the Patreon have come out today.

Jono has broken down some of the contested work from the Port Game, both the good and the bad and what it means going forward. This is available to those at the Analyst level of the Patreon.

And Bonus Episode 9 featuring an interview with former Under 18 commentator Phillip Crooks is also out now. This will be released for all listeners on the main feed next Tuesday.

1 Like

Round 9 Preview is out now! Jono and Ian examine our Stoppage issues in the match against the Power before looking at how the depleted Bombers can take it up to the flying Lions.

1 Like

Bonus Episode 9, which was released a week ago on Patreon, is now out in the main feed. It features our interview with Phillip Crooks, long time Essendon fan who commentated on the Under 18 cup for over a decade.

2 Likes

Terrific interview, really loved it!

1 Like

Thanks, I enjoyed talking with Phillip, could have gone for another hour

1 Like

Dreamtime at the G is upon us once again and Jono and Ian look at how we can finally defang the Tigers in this week’s Don The Stat. We also analyse what’s going on with the inside 50s and compare where we’re at to this time in 2022.

5 Likes

Good analysis…:ok_hand:

Can’t get enough talk about Dreamtime? Jono and Ian have you covered. We also look at what Archie Perkins best role is going forward and how the Back 6 should be made up. We then take a look at the ways the Eagles could surprise on Saturday.

2 Likes

Another great Pod, for anyone who is yet to listen, you are missing out on the most intelligent and constructive Essendon Pod out there.

3 Likes

Thanks guys… look forward to listening each week. Terrific discussion.I

2 Likes

Thanks for the kind words :black_heart::heart::black_heart:

1 Like

Round 12 Preview vs NOrth Melbourne is out now! We examine the West Coast win, talk about our new midseason pick up and consider how we go about defeating an improving North Melbourne side.

2 Likes

Bonus Episode 10 of Don The Stat is out now. Ian talks with Tasmanian journalist Alex Fair about his support of the Bombers and how the push for a Tasmanian side has hit a snag with the stadium deal.

1 Like

Don The Stat Round 13 Preview vs Carlton is out now!

We go over the North result, answer some listener submitted questions and examine what we could expect from a Blues side that has had the wood over the Bombers these past few years.

6 Likes

Quality podcast Ian and Jono! Love the depth of your analysis and appreciate the time you put in each week. 5 stars from me!

5 Likes

Thanks mate, your words mean a lot to us :black_heart::heart::black_heart:

1 Like