Donation when you kick the bucket

I got a letter on Friday asking for a part of my will,to be donated to the club.Anyone else? or maybe they know how old i am .Plus after going to the last 4 games it,s helping me on a bit.

5 Likes

HA wtaf

1 Like

They can put my casket in the ground so they can let me down one last time

49 Likes

I reckon we can get creative on which part of your will you leave.

• I leave my collection of broken TV remotes to the club
17 Likes

Playing badly on purpose to get that sweet $$$

3 Likes

I’d ask them; “Who’s dying? You or them?”

3 Likes

This is a joke, right?

4 Likes

The only reason I’m going to die is because the club has sucked the life out of me.

10 Likes

Yeah, accumulated a great collection of coat hangars over the years, dunno where they come from but always had too many of them. EFC, when I go, you’re welcome to them.

2 Likes

No mate got 2 just in case 1 got lost in the mail.

2 Likes

Nah it’s a thing… and IMO… it’s disgraceful.

15 Likes

That’s utterly pathetic. Like, I’m actually disgusted.

Do any other clubs do this?

4 Likes

Just channeling charities, EFC becoming a charity case.

Yes others do but I feel it’s pretty poor form.

Reminds me how real estate agents do a mail out, asking if you the owner of the property are thinking of selling up ie. probably aimed at those who are considering moving into a nursing home/granny flat. Crass opportunism. I’ve only rented and I still feel like telling those people to G.A.G. well and truly Fkd! You too EFC.

Thought it was a poor attempt at a troll myself - guess not based on what others are saying.

What’s poor form about it?

I think it’s a great idea and I may well do something like it with my will (hopefully have decades left in me yet…).

I do think it’s average to be profiling members by age and campaigning at them on that basis… if that’s what’s happening…

3 Likes

Tell them that you’ll put a donation in your will with an expiration clause in 12 months if we haven’t won a final.

Wankers

5 Likes

Why the actual fk would you leave any of your money to a football club and not your family?

By the time I cark it, I think enough of my money will be poured into the club just in membership every year

6 Likes

Do you actually want the answer to that question?

My mind might change over the course of the next 50 odd years but I will be leaving my assets/money to a fair few causes I care about as well as my family.

6 Likes