Donations, Advertising and the Future of Bomberblitz

What does a donation get me?

Absolutely nothing. There is no immunity from bans, no preferential treatment, no new forum features, no democratic voice in how the donation money is spent, no reporting on where every dollar goes, no guarantee that Blitz won't be turned off the instant I have enough donations for a first class flight to Hawaii. I need you to be 100% crystal clear on this, donations are hugely appreciated but are by no means a one-time purchase for better treatment. You are donating in good faith. By donating you agree to these terms.

Actually there will be one benefit, if your Paypal email address matches your Blitz email address I'll remove ads when you're logged in. So I kinda lied? Oh yeah, about ads...

===

also think that as long as the site is taking donations their should be some transparency as to how the money is spent. I'd suggest just pinning this thread and then at the end of financial year just putting up and income and expenses post. If there is a windfall we could then vote on how to spend it..... hold it over to next year, donate to fight plan, player sponsorship, prizes for FLR.

just a thought.

Clearly not reading the T&C's Ivan  :P

¿aceptas el dinero en pesos?

Seriously though. Will be donating on payday. Would hate to lose blitz

Absolutely nothing. There is no immunity from bans, no preferential treatment, no new forum features, no democratic voice in how the donation money is spent, no reporting on where every dollar goes, no guarantee that Blitz won't be turned off the instant I have enough donations for a first class flight to Hawaii. I need you to be 100% crystal clear on this, donations are hugely appreciated but are by no means a one-time purchase for better treatment. You are donating in good faith. By donating you agree to these terms.

Actually there will be one benefit, if your Paypal email address matches your Blitz email address I'll remove ads when you're logged in. So I kinda lied? Oh yeah, about ads...

===

also think that as long as the site is taking donations their should be some transparency as to how the money is spent. I'd suggest just pinning this thread and then at the end of financial year just putting up and income and expenses post. If there is a windfall we could then vote on how to spend it..... hold it over to next year, donate to fight plan, player sponsorship, prizes for FLR.

just a thought.

clearly not, however i still think there should be some end of year disclosure, even if it is just a PM to contributors. will not at effect my donation either way. Frankly i wouldn't be opposed to the mods and admins taking themselves out for a nice dinner with any windfall or even paying themselves, god knows for the time and effort they put in here they deserve. i just think transparency is important.

===

just a thought.

clearly not, however i still think there should be some end of year disclosure, even if it is just a PM to contributors. will not at effect my donation either way. Frankly i wouldn't be opposed to the mods and admins taking themselves out for a nice dinner with any windfall or even paying themselves, god knows for the time and effort they put in here they deserve. i just think transparency is important.

Yep, we are all over governance at the moment so its a good point. Transparency is important

Great work Rolo this has been a sanctuary for me in the past few months.

Guys, as has been stated the rules have been drawn up, and are set. If you don't like the rules you don't have to donate. Simple. 

And we won't judge you any worse for not donating. It's not expected, and we won't restrict your use of Blitz in any way if you don't. Just bear in mind that, as previously stated, donating gets you absolutely nothing in return

:slight_smile:

And we won't judge you any worse for not donating. It's not expected, and we won't restrict your use of Blitz in any way if you don't. Just bear in mind that, as previously stated, donating gets you absolutely nothing in return

don't think anyone is asking for anything in return.

PM'd you Ivan.

Thanks everyone who has donated thus far.

What do I do with this warm fuzzy feeling i've obtained by donating? Since i'm not allowed to keep it...  :P

You'd think knights could donate the whole lot himself.

After all if it wasn't for blitz he'd still have a job and none of our money

other than that why the hell would anyone donate to this old barge? ;)

What do I do with this warm fuzzy feeling i've obtained by donating? Since i'm not allowed to keep it...  :P

Smear it over yourself and bask in the glow

Riolio/Simeon/RimFYA

Enjoy the two large pizzas!

my donation towards your Hawaii trip also sent :stuck_out_tongue:

Any chance of details of  a non Paypal way of making a donation please? Bank details.

Thank You.

I like the T&C's. The only transparency I'd like to see is letting us know when/if funds are getting low.

Sure. 

The site has always given so much to punters. Will do.

Sure. 

The site has always given so much to punters. Will do.

concur....def would enjoy contribute user testing if u see the value in that sort of thing from a bleeds red and black/graphical theorist/practitioner perspective....

Have to wait for my personal pay pal account to re-validate. Don't want those ads. Should be in a day or so.

I have donated, great job you do Riolo and crew.  I expect nothing in return apart from Blitz*.

*allegedly