Dons d Suns - Review Thread

At the game

Baguleys off the ball stuff was gr8 has worked really hard.

Gleeson has been really awesome! He must be learning a little something from Hurley, has good strong hands.

I have no idea why Goddard was screaming at Zaha at 3qtr time. It looked like he was going to throttle him, Zaha being our best player by far on the park should have told him where to go…

Bird was really wishing him for a good game and the crowd tried to pump him up, but he disappointed badly, McGrath coughs up a goal or makes a mistake he usually sorts out his game by impacting with something good or better to him in with, a good pass for a goal or a tackle for holding the ball. Bird just does not belong in the same team.

McKenna that is some goal, he is something very special!

1 Like

Yeah I see what you’re saying. It was probably more a case of him just being able to pick and choose a option.

Tippa was rated BOG (yep, slightly higher than Zaharakis) by the AFL player ratings.

You a cop?

1 Like

I thought McGrath looked like he belonged there. He was really good.

1 Like

Just finished watching the replay.

The win, Begley’s goals and Conor’s goal. The rest I’ve discarded.

1 Like

Fremantle currently looking at 2nd straight week of 100 point belting, surely they aren’t going to lose 3 games in a row by a big margin.

We’re farked next week.

2 Likes

x3.

Was out last night and couldn’t watch the game.

Then I turned the replay on this morning, and still couldn’t watch the game.

That was ■■■■■.

That said, a 5-6 goal win ain’t the worst result.

If you really believe it, don’t bother going or watching.

4 Likes

They can, and don’t call me Shirley.

3 Likes

The only time in recent memory I can remember putting a ■■■■■■ team to the sword was against Melbourne when we won by 100+. Otherwise it’s been Essington performance after Essington performance. That, thrown in with the umpiring which we can all gaurentee will be pro Fremantle (the feel sorry for them factor) and a Sunday game at Eithad means we’ll lose by 3 odd goals. Nothing better to send Jobe out with.

1 Like

eh?

fark i hate essendon supporters.
off to the freo forum to get a lift.

16 Likes

They’ve lost 2 games in a row by 100+. The umpires will be giving them anything that’s remotely 50/50.

1 Like

Why? I’ve literally never even heard that one before…not to mention the fact it’s dumb and ridiculous.

You’re probably being light hearted but the umpire bashing/blaming gets old real quick

2 Likes

Maybe he can work out why we struggle against crap sides lols

Well I believed we’d lose every week last year and still bothered watching every game, why would I suddenly change this week.

2 Likes

Would love to somehow get Aaron Hall to the club. Could be the type of player we need to add to our midfield

3 Likes

So I finally got to watch the match, having been stuck without reception for all but the last five minutes of the third quarter. Thoughts:

• Just close Gold Coast already. No one cares. Our crowd had the game covered.
  • Because of that, and their general uselessness, there was zero atmosphere or threat or reason to go full Fark Carlton. The Blitz gestalt monster, of course, had a different opinion.
  • Bird was truly awful in the first half. Seemed that every time he got near it he stuffed something up. And he was more cooked than Watson near the end of the third quarter, unable/unwilling to chase.
  • Ditto Myers re: awful disposal, but he had the saving grace of not getting near it much in the first half.
  • Being a game of zero pressure, it was staggering how many “huh?” frees the umps still found for the Suns in the first half. Not that the Suns did much with this bonus.
  • Yes, that was a pretty special first quarter by Hodor. And that’s the only name I associate with him now. HODOR.
  • Was any comment made, anywhere, about the spinning back fist to Green’s head with a couple minutes to go in the second quarter? Geez.
  • JayLav, Green, and Daniher (early) were 1% away from kicking/creating goals so many times. Hence the hate sent their way?
  • McGrath only took a few minutes to adapt to playing midfield at AFL level (insofar as the Suns offer that level). Gun.
  • Love Zaha’s accurate low stabs. Not kicking the hell out of it, always with purpose.
  • Good game to be without Hurley. Hartley (busy) and Ambrose weren’t exactly challenged.
  • Yeah, an awful lot of our players were passengers for large chunks of the game.

This was a seriously boring game, apart from Begley’s first quarter and Conor’s goal.

15 Likes