Dons d Suns - Review Thread

I have been a pessimistic cvnt for a long time about us, But even though we didn’t play to our best, if we kicked straight that would have been a 10 goal win without even playing close to our best. The signs were good tonight imo, we could of fully gone into our shells when we looked terrible but we found a way to still play good, attacking footy minus the reward. That’s fixable. The thing that impressed me tonight was our defensive efforts running the other way. We slipped in that area for a big part of the second, but apart from that we did really, really well

Zaka is in career best form. Love the bloke ATM, it has changed with him. His defensive stuff has gone up 10x from what it was

I think laverde looks a mile off it. his endeavour is fine but the lack of decision making is killing him.

I don’t think green is a big loss, he’s ordinary for the most part. I’d do a straight swap with colyer and just hope like hell trav produces, and as much as he’s been absolutely terrible this year with Fanta and green gone, you have to back him in and hope he can produce

Heppell was poor for the first half and provided a excellent second half when it mattered. Happy

McKenna is a fkn gun. GUN

Not too sure what else to say but I’m fkn happy we look like we’re gonna play finals. How can you not :slight_smile:

23 Likes

You’re right Ivo.

It’s all nerves and playing within himself at the moment. Not playing his natural game and it’s stifling him a bit, learning how to not be too kamikaze.

Remember how he came out and just could not miss??

He’ll get back there, … and anyone carrying on about him being cooked trade etc,… has a very short memory, and absolutely no idea.

That is all.

6 Likes

Supplement with HOT CHIPS

2 Likes

Smack is already upgraded. Only Long or Draper will take Jackson’s newly-vacated spot.

1 Like

Selection will be interesting next week with green seemingly in big trouble. I fear to bring colyer straight back in. I hope they blood Mutch out give Stanton a send off.

Hopefully they bring in Jobe for Myers

A wins a win, can’t be too disappointed considering our knack for going full Essington in the past. We played better than what we did against Carlton, we just didn’t put them away. Joe had probably his worst game for the year also.

Lav’s going pretty well for his age/injuries.

I’m…seriously confused about Colyer not playing magoos.

3 Likes

Farewell game for Stanton next week considering he played so well??

It was a nice little taste of whats to come, … wasn’t it?

Weird. Would have been a big chance to come in for Green. Unless it’s part of the “give every returnee a rest” policy.

Weird in that I think he should have been given a fortnight in the magoos for the last 16 or so weeks.
So we drop him, but don’t play him at the lower level.
The guy doesn’t need a rest, he needs to remember how good he is…
Because it’s a lot better than this.

3 Likes

One more thing to add. If we play finals, which we probably will now, it’s gonna be the biggest 2 week build up in history on this forum and rightly so. It’s scary to think our worse will see us beaten by 10 goals week 1, but our very best will absolutely wipe the floor with anyone

It’s gonna be a interesting ride the next 3 weeks. We’re unpredictable, which makes us dangerous. Hold on and enjoy what could come

13 Likes

Yep

You may add that we are also the highest scored against of all the teams in the eight plus the three teams o/s the eight contending for a finals birth.

funny

Hmm, … if this doesn’t scream “Been carrying” ,… I’m not sure what would.

The difference between his handing of the ball under pressure and say Colyer or Myers or lav is just so stark

1 Like

I’ve called him Cool McCool, and posted the photo with the curious jaw resemblance already haven’t I …?

:wink:

McCool. It has to stick… just add the freaky mo …

1 Like

Oh, I was giving the coaches more credit than to be forcing a guy to play at about 50% of his level to the detriment of the team for most of the friggin’ year.
But sure. That might have happened.

I reckon you have actually described exactly why it was bad.