Dons d Suns - Review Thread

Blurt. Thought this was about LAV!

Maybe. They tend to mention it as rested these days though don’t they?

Lol!
Nope!

1 Like

Hopefully just to freshen him up

I hope that too.
Boy can play.
I want to see him play like he can.

2 Likes

We really need him to now with green out

Moi deux.

My guess is they dropped him. Then once he’s dropped they assessed what was best for him and given the “situation”, thought that he probably needed a rest anyway.

3 Likes

I thought Lav showed plenty more signs. He does so many good things. I can’t believe the criticism. Yes he’s not where we’d hoped but he’s coming from so far back. He has a LOT of core strength and a lot of unique tools…by which I mean unique to us…

15 Likes

Begley in the headlines. ‘Ridiculous kid. Who is this guy?’ As the headline. Lol

Lol. Love the hype.

And we’ve only seen a Quarter of him, … :wink:

1 Like

BIG

BEGINNING

BEGLEY!

3 Likes

BLITZ BREAKING BIG BOI BEGLEY

1 Like

Really pleased with that game.

We were much much better defensively through the middle of the ground. For the most part we had the pace to shut them down.

Funnily enough what didn’t work all that well this week was the forward line.

Excluding the scoreboard, id say that was our most dominant game all year.

Heaven knows who the coaches are going to name for the Freo game.

2 Likes

What a great day

Nice Sunshine

Good time at Dreamworld

Hungry jacks for dinner

Essendon win

Get back to the hotel from the game and see that ManU has won.

10 Likes

If Trav comes in and recaptures some form as well as Hurls and Jobe it could end up being our best looking line up all season bar Raz not being there. Not too sure who goes out for Jobe though. Guess it will be Bird.

yep, just hope it’s worth it

2 Likes

There is a cart before horse mentality with some on here regarding finals. If this team has taught you one thing never expect a win. Everything is on the line against Freo so the team should show up, but that is the enigma of Essendon/Essington. It can strike at any time without ryme nor reason.

Zach Merrett is the best pound for pound tackler in the league, if not best tackler period. His technique is perfect and he rarely misses or slips a tackle.

Zaka has really turned a corner this year, and has become the player so many thought he could become. He is turning in great performances week in week out.

We have some exciting youngsters. Begley is a keeper, the two passes to Stewart for a first gamer were phenomenal.

Only change should be Hurley for Green, and I guess Watson for Bird. Whilst not playing the same positions it will allow McGrath further up the field. McGrath in the second half in the middle showed more than Colyer has as an outside mid all year. I feel bad for Bird but how can you leave Watson out? Even though I think the team functions better defensively with Bird.

3 Likes

l am not buying into the whole Watson must come in for Bird thing. This should not be a foregone conclusion.

10 Likes

But it is, … what else are you gonna do?

Unless we are a guaranteed finalist when the team takes the field, … Jobe is there, . as is likely Stants, … although there’s been no announcement there so …??
And since we have to win it, to guarantee it, (although I think it’s a virtual fait accompli )…it’s got to be Jobe’s game, for better or worse.

1 Like