Dons d Suns - Review Thread

Correct. No matter what you apply it against

Yeah, he is a bit fumbly. You can offset that against how good he is on the ground as well as his pace - both attributes not that common in men of his size. He’s still quite young - hopefully, with consolidation of his body size and shape, and building on his upper body strength, he’s fix the fumbles.

He seems like he lacks the realisation that if he hits the guy blocking space he will monster him. Just needs a little more confidence in his body.

Plenty of more improvement to come.

3 Likes

He led the team with 6.

4 Likes

Bird is slower than Jobe ! I think he goes at the end of year as well !

2 Likes

Very short memory. Freo knocked off the Bulldogs in their last game of 2016, from 16th on the ladder and with nothing to gain by winning.

5 Likes

I actually thought the PT was excellent - on a bus to Nerang Station, train to Coomera, (all free) and back to Brisbane and home by 11.45!

1 Like

At home and Pav’s last game.

4 Likes

Yep and this week they have their very last game at Domain stadium. I think they’ll be highly motivated for that game. The Etihad game won’t mean as much to them at all.

Yeah, think that’s why I’m noticing,if he can improve in that area, he’ll be way more than a lead up 3rd tall.

Which is all I really thought he’d be on the evidence of his first 10 games.

The game doesn’t mean anything to them, but to suggest they don’t want to win or won’t be trying is nonsense. They looked to be trying pretty damn hard when they beat North in a meaningless away game in R16 when their season was already shot, and they busted their balls against GWS in another meaningless away game in R19.

They’ll be both trying and wanting to win this game.

2 Likes

I now equal KINGY AS AN AFL ANALYST.

2 Likes

Wasn’t suggesting that they wouldn’t try or want to win, just that they’d be lacking that extra motivation or lift I think they’d need to roll a team aiming for finals (with one of their greats retiring).

1 Like

You’ve by far surpassed him

1 Like

Wot? When did Weitering go to Richmond?

Those were ages ago.

They didn’t give two farks against Sydney last week and are already putting players out for surgery.

1 Like

Would their supporters mind if we had a 10 goal win thus making it nigh on impossible for the Eagles to make the finals? :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Noticed this! Whilst he was solid, some of Bird’s chases left a lot to be desired…

Can’t see him keeping his spot (and I’m a fan of his work in the reserves).

1 Like

Ok, so just under two hours for you to get home. And here’s me thinking the transport wasn’t up to scratch.

Just a few observations from the couch at Dubbo via POXTEL.

On LAV: Sure he didn’t dominate, but he is a unit. If he can get a preseason in, I can see his aggression and skill being a great asset to the team playing HFF/MID.

ON Hartley: I thought he did well, aggressive and more attacking than we have seen him for some time. Would love to see him get on the weights over summer, just needs to impact the packs a bit more.

On Fridge: Never in doubt. Smooth, skilled and looks the best kick in the team.

On Pidge: Very busy, loved his game. Rising star (formally or informally recognised)

On TBELL: Dominated, he is so important to the team

On ALF: FFS kick straight. Pls.

Many other good players. If we can lift the intensity against Freo and keep running hard both ways we should win. Will be a big mental test, as we have the team to push into September.

Do we have the mental game?

1 Like