Dons v Tigers - pre match discussion

Be careful what you wish for CJ

13 Likes

Donā€™t worry about it. Itā€™s time to get cocky. Even though we lost to the Blues there, we love the G. The weather forecast looks grand so sit back, relax and enjoy the show.

Was that convincing?

2 Likes

Across front punt rd oval Iā€™ll be there in back bar , 6ft 4 130 kegs man mountain :metal:

7 Likes

Weā€™re going to win so easy it makes me sick.

6 Likes

If we make Alex Rancid accountable and donā€™t allow him to zone off, we are a good show. Should be a ripper match. l am pumped.

1 Like

Yeah, on paper Richmond look like an incredibly bog standard team. One good kp at each end, one genuine gun mid/fwd, a couple of small fwds with potential who hit the score board less than our guys, cotchin, prestia, nank and what else. If you were picking a best 22 from both lists Iā€™d be hard pressed to pick more than 6 tigers - Rance, Jack, prestia, cotchin, Martin, nank.

On paper I think we are far stronger but ultimately it will be a question of who can bring their best football to the table. We have struggled in games where our opponents have been able to apply good pressure and we have looked a million bucks against sides that couldnā€™t. We havenā€™t really won an arm wrestle yet.

Generally speaking The tigers havenā€™t lost games for want of pressure, theyā€™ve lost for lack of class (3 quarters each against the crowd and freo are the exceptions).

If their pressure is off weā€™ll win. If itā€™s on and we play well, i think weā€™ll win. If their pressure is on and we turn into Essington weā€™ll lose.

All told we are a better 50/50 chance to win this

1 Like

Tigers are playing good footy this year but still mentally weak if seriously challenged. If we come to the game full of intensity I think we will win. Any drop off and we invite the Tigers to challenge. Little concerned with midfield and Bellchambers ruck chemistry as they have rarely played together.

Itā€™s a huge game with GWS, Port and Sydney coming up. If Watson plays well again after a 6 day break then that will show us his body is finally getting match hardened and in for a big 2nd half of the year. We still however only won the inside 50 count by 1 last week so I want our midfield to show signs of further improvement. Last week was a big step in the right direction.

3 Likes

Need to win this game cause we have a tricky 3 games coming up after Richmondā€¦

GWS
Port Adelaide
Sydney

Could easily go 0-3 or 3-0ā€¦

Good try.

No.

5 Likes

I want something similar to this to happen again

13 Likes

Is there a game all year which has the potential to provide Blitz more elation or more depression than this?

This is huge.

And Iā€™m ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā–  myself.

20 Likes

thatā€™s pretty much it.
The last 2 weeks have been built on hard work, pressure and intensity.

If they turn up playing like they have the last 2 week, theyā€™ll beat richmond easily. Just a matter of which essendon turns up.

This reminds me of an anecdote my father told of his late father during his eulogy regarding grandpa and the changing face of the old Clifton hotel in Kew.

In short: i arrived to find my father, a staunch church goer,breathlessly agitated, ā€œhave you seen what theyā€™ve turned the Clifton into, my word, I couldnā€™t even finish my beer, itā€™s an absolute outrageā€. Some weeks later I paid another visit only to find that dad was not home, when I called him later that evening and enquired as to his whereabouts he only offered that heā€™d been back to the Clifton to finish his beer.

5 Likes

All I want to see is when Dustin Martin goes the fend-off, that our guy just grabs his wrist, and then drops straight to the ground.Try to play with your shoulder 10cm away from its socket mateā€¦

12 Likes

Is NLM hosting the dreamtime after party again this year?

3 Likes

Am I dreaming or is it possible we could end up in the top 4 after this round, if we win by a good margin and other games go our way?

4 Likes

RELTON

4 Likes

Yes, itā€™s possible

2 Likes

FIXED

1 Like

How many OOF Joe kick?