Dons v Tigers - pre match discussion

General admission can still be sold out, prior to or on the night. Don’t arrive late and be confident of getting in.

(In such a case the ground is indeed full but not to capacity, thanks to no-shows and member areas.)

1 Like

Correct…this is a team that has lost 5 in a row to this mob and haven’t won 3 in a row since 2014…I need to see more consistent play by this team before I’m ready to join the hubris bunch.

1 Like

Hopefully it’s more Bomber’s than Tiger’s fans and we smash them.

I received an email today after I asked a guy I know who has followed Richmond all his life if he was going to the game and this was his response…

"Can not do it after the last 3 weeks - Tigers not good for my health - they are mentally weak - and are living in Dreamtime that they don’t have a problem.
Just remember if TIgers are 5 goals in front the Bombers will be monty to win by a kick in the last minute of the game!!

Going out to dinner - not even going to look at the scores!! My Dreamtime is we win by 10 goals (but that won’t happen)
Hope it is a good game."

LOL! So this is the mentality of Tiger’s fans.

2 Likes

I don’t see the point of pulling form lines that include our last season.
The fact the we won 9 games out of 44 from 2015/16 pretty much shows that we don’t really have form on many teams, Tigers included.

It’s like that 1 from the past 16 at Etihad that was being talked about… we’d hardly won anywhere.

7 Likes

Historically this team has had issues with backing up a good win as mentioned by Hurley himself. Until I see this consistently than I’m never overconfident with any game we play in…Tomorrow night is an opportunity to change that part of the club culture.

1 Like

Tigers have lost 3 close ones in a row and are heartbroken. Got to feel sorry for them
I vote we thump them by twelve goals and put them out of their misery once and for all.

14 Likes

Get it over with early in the game?

Preferably.

See, … I was thinking I wished they’d won last week to take the pressure off thinking they’d be ripe for the taking, but now they’ll be desperate for a win,…

But if we are within a few goals going into the last, they are likely to panic Like SIOF’s mate said, … and I reckon if we’re not in front, we will definitely be within striking distance, and be able to get them to go to water under fear.

God I hope it does happen like that,

Beating them by a kick would be almost Nirvana.

1 Like

I’m really getting tired of Bachar Houli beating us.

I’d like to smash them from the opening whistle to the final siren… that’d be great.

5 Likes
5 Likes

All details regarding The Long Walk events now on the website. Hope to see you all at Fed Square!

7 Likes

Don’t even need to watch that to know its him giving the ball to cramers

6 Likes

It’s funnier every time.

1 Like

If we break even or better in the midfield, we win. Our forwards will make them poo themselves and our backs match up really well against theirs. Need zaka to pull out another good one.

Can’t wait to watch Houli’s panicked turnovers all night.

Someone needs to man up Grigg who constantly just stands by himself for most of the game, ■■■■ scared to get a tough posession.

1 Like

Be interesting to see whether Hurley takes Riewolt, I think he has to because no other player suits. Hartley I think is too slow on the lead. Everyone else is too small.

Thankfully we won the goal kicking by 11. So as long as we keep up our scoring efficiency, forward pressure and tackling inside 50 then we won’t be getting the repeat entries that increase that number. However it certainly won’t hurt to increase them, so long as they are not just long kicks to nothing for the defence to pick off.

We have been much better with our inside 50 ball delivery in the past few weeks. Much more direct and not just blasting away. Still a few that make you scratch your head, but improving nonetheless. We have guys who can place the ball perfectly for the leading forwards and we finally have guys that can put it away.

Imagine if we could get the ball in to our forwards hands another 3 - 4 times each. Wow! All the goals!

Goal assists is surprisingly low for Zach. Probably the kick before the goal assist.

True, probably need to see score chain involvements or whatever its called.

Shows you the freak Joe is. What 60 odd shots at goal so far, 30 inside 50s, and 6 score assists.

Look the fk out tigers. Its going to click tonight. 12 goals by half time. No mercy

Which end GS at :man_shrugging: