Dons v Tigers - pre match discussion

Honestly no idea with this game, I was confident before west coast. All depends what Essendon shows up. Also Joe has been talked up alot in the media, wonder whether he can continue his great form.

Essington has scarred us all. We could not lose for the rest of the year and come grand final day we’d all be praying that we don’t turn into Essington

21 Likes

We have a lot of talented venues to goal. They cannot cover them all. If we slice through their zone regularly by avoiding Rance and at least halve clearances, we should have a good chance.
The trouble is, none of the other 17 teams think we are easybeats anymore so its unlikely they will underestimate us…

With our team\club being so inconsistent for so long & so many disappointments for us ever hopeful Bomber diehards to endure, plus the farking saga chucked in on top, it’s not hard to be a bit reluctant about getting too excited about a rare patch of good form & expecting it to end any time soon.
I’m hopeful that THIS TIME we are actually building something a bit more substantial. But of course only time will tell.
Usually only in hindsight do we realise what’s been developing.
Just heard we’re $2.15 & drifting & they’re $1.75
Does that mean the punters trust them more than they trust us, at this stage!

Joe Dirt to kick 10.

1 Like

Regarding tickets, will there be more GA available at the ground tonight, ie; do ticketek only pre-sell 60% for example? Of course if there are any Blitzer’s looking to sell a ticket, I’m happy to accomodate :slight_smile:

On to the game thought, I expect Tigers to play a lot better than the Eagles, but if we can play out of the middle and keep the tackling pressure up like last week, we will be a good chance.

Richmond are going to come out (typical Richmond fashion) all huff and puff, and breathing fire early on. After a week of memes, online jokes, media attention, and pressure from their supporters.

We need to negate this high pressure game, and stay close check in the score line, then run over them in the second half when they’ve lost the energy and momentum. They can only keep that high pressure, high intensity game up for so long.

The second half is the key for us.

3 Likes

Exactly. Can’t let them get on an emotional roll.

I actually think we will pump them. They are not that good.

This is the first time ive felt this keen for a win in a long time and it will hurt me if we lose.

1 Like

Ivan Soldo said that??

1 Like

Well Essington has made a couple of solid appearances this year. The last two weeks haven’t erased the Demons game just yet.

4 Likes

Too much 2011 dreamtime confidence in here, I don’t like it.

11 Likes

We’re gonna friggin obliterate this trash.

I say this in the full confidence that my forum post has absolutely no impact on team performance and I’d rather look forward to smashing these ■■■■■■ so hard they’ll have trouble performing basic tasks in society for the next three months.

10 Likes

All of the positive forum posts here will bite us in the a.r.s.e when TODD ELTON kicks his sixth from the goal square halfway through the last quarter.

4 Likes

I like the fact that a board member is providing match day information for the Grog Squad.

20 Likes

2 Likes

Hey @Catherine_Lio, what time is everyone meeting at the ROYAL tonight?

17 Likes

Looks like we missed the PAYBACK RECORDS party this year

EDIT: 8PM to 12PM! Wow

2 Likes

Nah. As nice as it would be, Id rather we destroy them from the onset and watch them start to leave in droves by half time, with the knowledge their early season form was a myth.

2 Likes

Big game regardless of result. We win, the hype goes up and chances for finals are decent and we have a fapathon over gifs of Joey slotting hos 5th from 60m. Lose and we all neck ourselves about how fcked our future is and sh*t our midfield is. Either way, BRING IT ON.

6 Likes