Dr Blitz (If pain persists see a real doctor)

Just thought a thread about minor conditions, remedies, health advice or things you can’t be bothered going to a doctor about could be handy.

Every Wednesday night I’m involved in a kick around group that trains and does circle work to keep fit. 30 minutes in to training I do a stab pass on the run and feel an instant ping in my hamstring. It isn’t from over stretching as it was a stab pass and feels very isolated to one spot on my hamstring. Almost like a knife wound.

I did nothing for a week and went to training and did light running and kicked on my non preferred.
4 days later I participate in my sons footy training and did some hard chasing and pull up well.
Then I return to full training on Wednesday (2 weeks from original injury) and am cautious but by end of training and kicking pretty close to full length when on the last kick of the night, another stab pass i feel the exact same spot seize or cramp up. I pull up on the kick and I think avoided injury.

So it’s 6 days since then and it just doesn’t feel right.

Anyone had this? Is it a tear? or a strain? a pull? how long should I take off to get it right.
I’ve iced, compressed, elevated and all that stuff.

What else can I do?

Any help would be great.

Stop doing stab passes

Sounds like a slight hammy strain. If I were you, I'd take a break from training, go straight to the physio and get treatment as if you end up with scar tissue you are likely to re-injure it regularly.

This is very good advice. I will add that if you continually overuse a weakened muscle, the other muscles around that area will have to work harder. I tore a hamstring and didn’t let it heal properly. Long story short, the quad and the hip and the glute had to take all the load that the hamstring used to, and it ended up giving me horrible sacroiliac joint disfunction - which is a huge pain in the ■■■■. Literally.

Go and see a professional you tight ■■■■

Thanks guys.

Boot by the time you wait for an appointment the thing is usually healed.

It’s just that the chance of doing more damage in a lot of cases from well meaning, but inaccurate advice,is just too high Ant.

Run it off.

Amputate.

Bionic implants

you have a blockage in your chakra.

its lupus.

you have a blockage in your chakra.

I had a similar problem. I agree with boot, you really should see a qualified person. I went to this see this woman and she did wonders for me:

Just thought a thread about minor conditions, remedies, health advice or things you can't be bothered going to a doctor about could be handy.

Every Wednesday night I’m involved in a kick around group that trains and does circle work to keep fit. 30 minutes in to training I do a stab pass on the run and feel an instant ping in my hamstring. It isn’t from over stretching as it was a stab pass and feels very isolated to one spot on my hamstring. Almost like a knife wound.

I did nothing for a week and went to training and did light running and kicked on my non preferred.
4 days later I participate in my sons footy training and did some hard chasing and pull up well.
Then I return to full training on Wednesday (2 weeks from original injury) and am cautious but by end of training and kicking pretty close to full length when on the last kick of the night, another stab pass i feel the exact same spot seize or cramp up. I pull up on the kick and I think avoided injury.

So it’s 6 days since then and it just doesn’t feel right.

Anyone had this? Is it a tear? or a strain? a pull? how long should I take off to get it right.
I’ve iced, compressed, elevated and all that stuff.

What else can I do?

Any help would be great.

'the ■■■■ are you asking these idiots for? Go see a friggin doctor. Christ.