Dr Who

That was very very good.

Better than last week's, I hope!

It was a two-part story, wasn‘t it?

Last week: Doctor desperate to disprove a myth.

This week: Doctor desperate to prove a myth.

It got me in the end. Was not expecting that at all. Big, big hint at the continuity of the story. Amazing.

I'm really not sure if it was brilliant or just a rehash of old ideas (time streams, kids and nightmares, hidden monsters). I know one thing: that wouldn't have been half as engaging with Matt Smith's version of the Doctor.

That was very very good.

Agree - a cracking episode.  Hopefully a return to form for the series.  Really enjoying a bit more depth to Clara's part.  Actually, let me rephrase that - am enjoying .....ah, bugger it, you know what I mean!

Starting to like 12th. He has that nostalgic feel to his acting.

Have a side theory going on with a mate- 12 is in fact an older version of 10 that was regenerated due to the crossing of the timelines and the fact that there was part of him left over in another dimension. More to it but just a theory. 

Oh and Clara is a babe. 

Am looking forward to see how they tie-in the war Doctor from Day of the Doctor.

And yes, Clara......holey-moley, those eyes.  :wub:

Agree - a cracking episode.  Hopefully a return to form for the series.  Really enjoying a bit more depth to Clara's part.  Actually, let me rephrase that - am enjoying .....ah, bugger it, you know what I mean!

No shame in saying “it was good” to see her walking away.

Oi, no knocking Smith (the best old Doctor since Hartnell)… but yes, Capaldi OWNED this story. Even when he was being told to shut up :D

And yes, Clara......holey-moley, those eyes.  :wub:

Needs three mirrors to capture them.

I marked for the story quoting Barbara (“fear makes companions of us all”) and Unca Tewwy (“never cruel or cowardly”).
The latter may not be true but it evokes an instant reaction from me.

I might be dense but if it was all just the doctor’s fear then what was under the bed cover?

A real prick of a kid.

Probably.

I might be dense but if it was all just the doctor's fear then what was under the bed cover?

We're not meant to know. Like whatever the thing was in Midnight. Or why the Doctor put up with ■■■■■ companions like Mel.

I’m so confused with everything now

I want to get back into this again.
Like the rest of the world, I got sick of Clara being Dr Who.
Then she died.
She had a good death.
And the episode after that was good, but then I stopped.

It feels like it might have got good again, but I have a lot of catching up to do.

Seriously though, ■■■■ Clara.

That’s fair. I dunno, I think there are too many changes, too many odd villains, timelines all over the place, unnessasry side plots inside side plots and obsessions such as Clara that maybe initially sound great but then once again make no sense.

Intruiged to see what the new writers can bring the following season.

Steven Moffat’s writing went to ■■■■ after all the Sherlock success.

Was so much better when Russel T Davies was in charge. I think they’ve trashed it with bad writing. I really like Peter Capaldi, but the stories and arcs have been rancid

Season 18 of Chikara:

http://chikarapro.com/events/events

"This topic is clearly important to you – you’ve posted more than 34% of the replies here.” — Discourse hates experts.

I squealed so much for that “tear drop” shot at the end of today’s episode. Genius.

1 Like