Draft Order 2016 Edition

Updated with Marley Williams deal
collingwood get pick 105 from north

carlton get Palmer for pick 135. That’s off my scale, I’m not including that ■■■■■■■ junk.

st Kilda reporting they got the dogs’ future 4th round pick for Stevens, but the dogs already traded it to north. Waiting for the dust to settle before I update it all.

Updated with a bunch of pick swaps and the Deledio & Marchbank/Pickett trades. Future picks aren’t up to date because they’re being reported terribly.

Thanks @SplitRound for going to the trouble with all this. It’s been a nice reference for everyone. Cheers!

far out. Hawks first pick is pick 88 in a 'super draft

Yep, top work SplitRound.

Greatly appreciated…

Excellent work SplitRound! Now I don’t have to think and can just come here to read

*Actually that’s what I do with most of Blitz anyway.

Why are people referring to this as a super draft?
Why are people referring to this as a super draft?

Because there’s only two descriptions of drafts: shallow and super draft. This year started out as shallow, and is now super, there’s no nuance in between.

It is understood the AFL is looking to strip the club of two early draft picks, possibly a first and second-round selection in national draft on November 25, with the cases against Whitfield and two former club officials likely to be ratified at the AFL Commission meeting early next week.

The right thing to do if they’re going to impose draft sanctions on GWS would be to prevent them matching academy bids if the first pick required to match it would have been one of the removed picks. We were prevented from matching F/S bids (under the old system) with our draft sanctions, GWS should have similar restrictions. They won’t, because it’s the AFL, but they should.

The back end of the draft (post pick 60) isn’t quite correct any more because of the adjustments required based on how many list spots various teams have available. For us, this means we have pick 67 instead of 68.

How far out from the draft do they lock in the full list of picks?

How far out from the draft do they lock in the full list of picks?

Would have been a couple of days ago when the DFA period closed.