Draft Order & Done Deals

Updated with the Crozier trade (dogs get freo’s future 4th, freo gets 40 and 82)

Updated with Motlop FA compensation (pick 19 to geelong). Surprised he’s worth the same as Rockliff, but there you have it.

Strike what I was saying.

Holy moly. Causes us potential headaches with Stringer.

Nope, just got announced as end of first round. Pick 19

I think they definitely need to revise their compensation formula. Teams shouldn’t get compensation on par or better than what they would have got in a trade. And players the ilk of Motlop shouldn’t be attracting first round anything.

Shouldn’t be able to trade that compo too. get it after trade period.

Didn’t Brisbane get 19 for Rockliff?

GWS had no first rounder this year after penalty

Hence Tigers have 17, Crows 16 etc

1 Like

Hawthorn got pick 19 when Buddy went to Sydney on a 10 million dollar deal. Can someone explain how the f**k the compensation picks work? Or is the AFL just giving GC pick 19?

1 Like

buddy was a first round pick compensation, motlop is end of first round compensation.

They aren’t graded the same.

But buddy compensation was at the end because of where Hawks finished.

If he left and thy finished bottom they would have got 1 & 2. (This is what happened with Frawley and the demons; AFL then made there rulings tighter “apparently” to making first round compensation virtually near impossible.

But optics says motlop and first rnd pick is a joke and buddy compensation was crazy low.

Fark Hawks though.

What a joke…
Freekickgeelong

Updated with the Saad trade (gold coast have our 2018 second rounder)

1 Like

Updated with the Watts trade to port (melbourne get pick 31).

Haven’t included the Ah Chee deal yet because I haven’t seen anything more specific than “one of port’s 2018 4th round picks”

Updated with the Ah Chee trade to west coast, they get Ah Chee and the hawks’ 2018 4th round pick, port get west coast’s 2018 3rd round pick.

So, only one trade to date doesn’t involve either Essendon or Port!

As far as I can tell WCE have basically got him for a 10-15 spot downgrade next year?

If you assume Port finishes 6th and Hawks 14th (big assumptions, but lets just roll with it)

Then it is Ah Chee + Pick 60 for Pick 49?

Probably not worth much more than that… but seems a good deal.

The Watts trade is another good deal… Port are doing quite well. Watts isn’t an elite player and wasn’t worth #1… but he is still a solid contributor if they can get him fired up.

1 Like

Updated with Balic to melbourne trade, fremantle get pick 66

1 Like

Updated with the Wigg deal. Pick 39 to adelaide, pick 54 and adelaide’s 2018 4th to gold coast

That’s a lot toupée.

6 Likes

Fine, have a Like.

1 Like