Draft Strategy

1. McCluggage- because.
  2. Kerr - because I think Battle will be gone, and mostly because he took the most marks on the lead at the Carnival which says he knows how to make a lead. We haven’t had one of those at FF since Lloydy.
    25 (Hibbo). Bolton - because he is a creative HF in the Walters style and we need one of that game style in the team.
  3. Drew - because he’s a good prospect and I have not clue at this po int.

Trades:
Michael Hibberd and Pick 55 for Pick 26 and Pick 44

Draft:
Pick 1. McCluggage
Pick 19. Battle
Pick 26: Simpkin
Pick 37: Drew
Pick 45: Larkey

Pick 1 - At this stage its out of Antler Luggage, wilbur, benny boy and the bolter ooohhh ahh McGrath. Rumours are that McGrath is making a late charge for top of the draft.

McGrath is my pick - gives us speed as well as endurance (former hurdler) as well as being tough and nuggety. Can lock down small opposition mids / backs (tagger?).

Pick 19 - assuming we don’t use it for player or to move into 1st round of draft I would say best talent available.

Could be the likes of Simpkin, Clarke, Battle, Bolton or the late bolter Willem Drew.

Based on Essendons needs and who we take pick 1 I would look at either Simpkin as a small forward to partner Razz or as a pacy wingman or Bolton (same reasons) or Battle who would help Joe up forward.

Pick 26 - Hibberd pick

I’d look at an inside mid like Clarke or Drew or even SA boy Graham. Need tough times n and under mids for the future. If take Brodie perhaps take inside mid later in draft. If we don’t take battle with 19 then Patty Kerr also good option for fwd line.

Our 3rd Rounder - names like esava ratagulea have been thrown up as a ruck fwd. if we haven’t taken key fwd then Kayle Kirby.

Pick 55 - best available.

Then DEA and Tippa elevation.

1. McCluggage
  2. Berry
  3. Drew

Try and get Luggage and Ainsworth
That should keep most on here happy

Pick 1: Best Available

Pick 18: Best Available

Pick 26: Best Available

Pick 37: Best Available

I’ll get my jacket

Only one jacket? You’re not list manager material.

First need is class in the midfield, so from what I read, it’s another south-western boy in McCluggage.

We’ve got extractors, and grooming Langford to be another.

Also Best available only applies with the top 8-10 picks in the draft.

After that, it’s too subjective and needs come into it.

If we don’t take Ainsworth with pick 1 I want Jy Simpkin with pick 19 or 26.

First need is class in the midfield, so from what I read, it's another south-western boy in McCluggage.

I actually don’t think long term we have the extractor; hepp, Merett, parish all can we their own ball but aren’t the pure extractor type for me personally

Ben long, 5 in the vfl prelim. Pick 19?

First need is class in the midfield, so from what I read, it's another south-western boy in McCluggage.

I actually don’t think long term we have the extractor; hepp, Merett, parish all can we their own ball but aren’t the pure extractor type for me personally

What was it you needed extracted, friend?

Just keep drafting mids. A strong midfield can make both defenders and forwards look decent. West Coast won a flag with quinton lynch and ashley hansen

Pick 1=Best mid
Pick 19=Tall mobile forward, hopefully can grow to something like 195cms or more
Picks 26+37=Fast mids or forwards, because I still believe our list lacks running power
Pick 55=State-sourced ruck depth (I would let McKernan go)

1. Best available - McCluggage 19. Tall slider - Josh Battle 25ish. Inside mid - Possibly Drew 37. Ruck - Goddard 55. Dodoro special

Yep. No more specials inside top 50

1) McCluggage 19) Berry 26) Drew

Just midfielders, grab a tall with first round next year.

Draft the midfieldiest midfielders to have ever midfielded x5

Drink bourbon and wait to see who disco picks.