Dreamtime Scheduling

someone is wearing their big boy pants today

suggestion now is that it will be played in Perth. Big adavantage for us if we’re staying there

Does that mean our players are in a hub for at least 10 days? That worked so well last time.

Won’t really be a hub will it? Just an extended stay in WA? Presumably they will have relative freedom rather than being stuck in a resort?

Dreamtime @ SCG???

1 Like

Reckon the mood of the boys is much better than last year, less toxic elements, and being shorter could be a good bonding experience with a lot of newer faces.

Even though it’s smaller perhaps Giants stadium owned by the AFL?

They are very well setup for quarantine now at Olympic park. Was chatting to someone who worked at one of the hotels there where they hosted the Indian cricket team.

Mind you the Sydney test was of course played at the SCG. I guess everything depend on ground availability with the NRL.

The NRL is using the SCG this winter too but not Giants stadium.

Edit just checked, next weekend is bye week in the NRL so Sydney won’t have any issue hosting.

That’s not what Gil said when specifically asked in his presser this afternoon.
“We’ll wait two or three days before deciding”

Expect a decision Sunday before Essendon would fly home.
Which will depend on the next couple of days of case numbers.
The other factor people seem to rely on with this scenario is Richmond playing the Weagles after their bye.
Gil was for once quite specific on byes- “players & staff really need it, but unless it’s a bye that’s been able to be planned for, it’s not really a break”

So Richmond players isolating in Perth for their bye, away from family & friends, doesn’t meet that criteria by any stretch.
I’d actually call it unlikely to happen.

OUT - DREAMTIME AT THE G

IN - DREAMTIME WITH PETER PAUL

4 Likes

Wow, you really are optimistic about the planning and organisational abilities of the AFL admin than I am.

I would expect the decision to be announced about 5 minutes after we fly back into melbourne

3 Likes

■■■■ that it’s always a nightmare

Have we ever lost two weeks in a row in perth?

1 Like

I wouldn’t be surprised given the shafting we cop from the AFL.

1 Like

Imagine the cracked TVs/broken remotes!

(Joking)

The NT Government should be doing everything they can to find a way to allow Essendon and Richmond into Darwin for Dreamtime Mkii . That was awesome last year, and I actually wouldn’t mind if that became an annual thing ( I know it won’t for many reasons, but I’d love to fly up there each year to watch the game). Of course, it’s a massive shame that Mozzie won’t be playing . He was a big part of it.

9 Likes

There’s always a first time :wink:

1 Like

As if teams can’t fly in and fly out on the day of the game on a charter flight - Government’s make simple tasks extremely complicated.

There’s one major issue with this in principle. Who will compensate Essendon for the $800K in lost match day revenue? That’s why it can’t happen.

Did you happen to catch 2020?