Dreamtime team vs Richmond - 2020 round 13

I don’t think that those two things can coexist.

5 Likes

Townsend << Stringer
McKernan <> Belchambers
Mutch < Mozzie
Begley << Smith
BZT << Franga
McKenna > Redman
Cutler <> Ham

IMHO much more talent (and experience) in the ins than the outs.

I suspect we’ll give a much better account.
But I can’t see a side that’s made (I think?) 11 changes in 2 weeks winning.

5 Likes

Kevin Walsh. Dual premiership player, all Australian, state player (bog). For all his gangliness he had some skill. I think we’d be begging for a bloke of his pedigree today

20 Likes

Mutch and Begley have had many chances to prove themselves - don’t make it sound like that was their first opportunity to do so. Lucky to still be on the list if anything

3 Likes

Been a revolving door at Essendon this season multiple changes every week makes it hard to have any continuity in the team really want this season to hurry up finish been nothing but sh*t

Negative Nino

2 Likes

Compared to what?
He probably runs more than the point posts, but not as much as a goal umpire.

Just a reflection of a sh*te team with endless list of injuries

Thank god Stringer is back is all i got to say and the debut of Mozzie

Phillips is the bull and would have had a centre square presence, which I think we’ll need, tbh.

Unless Belly turns back the clock a lot and becomes a danger inside 50, I’m not sure where we hide him once the tap is done.

3 Likes

I think Tim English might have put a line through Phillips career at Essendon.

6 Likes

More than cancelled out by his contested work in the Pies game. Sometimes you need to scrap and fight.

3 Likes

Literally every one of his games, his opponent has been the opposition’s best player.

2 Likes

We’ve got him - he’s called Aaron Francis.

1 Like

Right. So Stringer covers 27 meters per game and Phillips has it held against him that he didn’t perform better than 2 of the best three rucks in the game?

Hyperbolic Angry Pills?

6 Likes

You’re on a bad acid trip.
Kevin Walsh was a very good player.

6 Likes

After last week’s performance, I expected to see McKernan (delisted)

3 Likes

Bellchambers on a humid net, slippery ball…this can only go well

Should of picked Phillips. At least he would give us something around the ground

Also If Phillips doesn’t play against the pies, we lose. He had a massive impact on Grundy’s game.

7 Likes

It’s the third one that did it more than the first two - the one where a struggling kid posted one of the biggest ruck games in the AFL era - but regardless.

My theory is because he’s almost the polar opposite of TBC in mindset & strengths/weaknesses, people see him as significantly better than he’s actually shown so far.

He seems to be aiming to deny the opposition ruckman, rather than just try and win it.
And he’s actually failing at that.
Which doesn’t really leave you with much to hang your hat on.

6 Likes