Drug Mules

Incorrect.

1 Like

You’d be doing well to sway me o/wise. Fairly close source on this one.

1 Like

Hadn’t heard that link on the surf supplies. Corbys dad was always linked as a weed grower/dealer.

I think they definitely were trying to take it there.

I have actually had arguments with the person who’s weed it was over their lack of balls for letting Shapelle wear that. A mate of mine was a very close friend until they pulled said dog act.

2 Likes

I can’t/won’t go further into this here, but unless that bloke was someone she knew very well, … I’m not sure how to explain that.

But a couple of life long surfing mates are ex pats living there & know the story & the people very well.

Have you been to a different Bali than me ?

And you should check your facts about Mercedes, you are wrong.

I’m not saying it’s not offered, it’s a well known scam. or was, … it’s been a couple of decades.

And you can believe as you like, I have no reason to doubt what I heard.

While the whole cop setup is a well known cautionary tale, I can assure you I have seen & know people who have taken the chance & purchased drugs right off the streets in very plain sight without any police involvement (unless of course the dealer has already paid them off). Also the same people assured me that like everything else in Bali, the drugs were far cheaper than in Australia. Now I’m happy to accept people who are more involved in drugs explaining that local dope is less potent etc so therefore Aust grown more highly sought after (particularly for ex-pats who might be accustomed to higher strengths) but I’m still not certain it makes much economic sense. I’ve been told the same Aust grown hydro would still fetch more in Australia.

I’m still left with the question about Australian customs, how could something so large go unnoticed with seemingly little but a zipped bag concealing it? I’m not doubting the likelihood of incompetence from local public servants but again at the least that should have led to a public inquiry. Was there not 1 single security camera that caught the bag at any stage of its journey into Brisbane, through to Sydney then loaded onto an international flight? If the drugs were there when it was handed to airline staff then I think its something you could notice on the cameras. This would have confirmed her guilt very early in the case & not let hostility & doubt linger over Indonesia & their justice system. I know people who cancelled travel plans to Bali because they believed Corby had been set up. Even for Corby herself the politicisation of the case I believe led to a harsher sentence. Security footage from Australia could have seen her defence handled differently (assuming she was guilty & footage supported that). Conversely, if there was footage that supported her innocence, it should have been provided & far more Gvt support given to her case. Again, I’m just uneasy in the way the case was handled & I think there a lot of unanswered questions.

1 Like

She claimed she met the guy the first day and he was her translator for the week. Yet the hotel claims she never left except to get some maccas and he turned up one day and then suddenly she left. They also said she paid for 2 nights at first, then 2 more, then 2 more then without warning left. The “international cleaning” company are the ones who bought her tickets. I suspect the US has been watching that company for suspicious behaviour.

Don’t get the animosity towards her. People make mistakes all the time, and as for the media coverage, it’s just clickbait cause she’s pretty.

5 Likes

So you’re saying she was set up and you know someone (or someone who knows someone) who set her up? Or are you saying you know the person who supplied her?

(Not being a smart ass or implying that you’re complicit lol).

No a 22 yr old meant to take a business trip to Colombia by taking the longest route possible. (it’s already a 30 hour flight with layover if going most direct route through the USA or NZ).

And the company sends her as a rep to a country where most people don’t speak a word of English, because of her excellent Spanish language skills and accent acquired in the sophisticated city that is Adelaide.

And or course she doesn’t think anything of those unusually bulky and oddly shaped headphones. After all Colombia is the place to find a great bargain on hi fi. A really suitable gift for her bridal party to enjoy at her silent disco wedding. They are all the rage these days don’t you know?

She deserves the benefit of the doubt. Who is expected to know that illegal drugs and are such a problem in such a sophisticated place like Bogotá. Colombia.

I say give the poor girl the benefit of the doubt. She must be innocent, with much more to the story than this.

1 Like

One version of the Corby story is that there was a regular supply to expats without fear of being set up, with the supply in the boogie Board being accompanied by a high value note, only this time the note was not there, hence Corby’s grievance, with some versions suggesting that the note was nicked at an Australian airport.
… AFP and customs were more concerned about drugs such as heroin, which they let through so that Indonesians could secure a big bust. Keelty justified that action, which led to executions and life imprisonment, on the grounds of cultivating confidence with Indonesian intelligence. After that, I think there was a deal that the AFP would never do that again if the consequences were death, possibly reflecting public opinion that the culprits would not have had such severe sentences if convicted in Australia. A lot of work has been put into negotiating bilateral agreements for some sentences to be served in Australia.
In the Colombian case, the AFP have been quick to point out that it had not been involved in sharing any intelligence.

Jesus I hope that’s not true

I knew (contact made through a friend who did business with said creature) the person who supplied the product, and convinced her to transport it. And then the low rat left her to carry the can when the ■■■■ hit the fan. So no, she wasn’t set up, but she was left to swing in the breeze.

2 Likes

Many Colombians, particularly the younger generation living in the bigger cities, speak very good English.

16 Likes

Intriguing to hear this

Ok so on the assumption another party came fwd and said it was my idea and I influenced her to do it, would it actually matter?

It wasn’t done under coercion/threat. She chose to do so. She got caught.

I’m not sure the Indonesian government would have cared one iota that she was merely the delivery person over the supplier.

She’d still have been done there. And the other party done in Australia.

I guess perhaps her pleading guilty would reduced sentence.

1 Like

BOYCOTT COLUMBIA

3 Likes

Skullcandy, not Nosecandy.

2 Likes