Drug Mules

Such insight.

Well anyone who has been here a while knows my background, and knows that I do have quite a bit of insight into the subjects you are spouting dribble about. They also know I wouldn’t waste my breath trying to discuss it with you.

Actually I’ve just noted that you apply the same left political view in pretty much every topic and often shoot people down with rudeness if they have a different view.

Drugs are rife in hospitality too, you ever worked in one of those jobs? you’re as a good as as drug dealer.

You might notice that I specifically said that it doesn’t make her guilty even if true. What I did say was that it has relevance to the story.

I only find this interesting from the angle of the contrast there currently is in the story. Don’t care what she has done in her past as long as it is legal and therefore it shouldn’t effect her treatment. I know it is mostly media driven (and they are a pack of arseholes) but she has gone from sweet & innocent to lying & questionable pretty quickly and the family have had some involvement along the way.

Maybe something has happened behind the scenes we aren’t aware of, but this whole thing has turned very quickly, and people seem to be digging much harder. Maybe the media is ■■■■■■ off at being used early on to try and get her some sympathy (which didn’t ring true to me anyway) with the amount of fluff pieces at the start, who knows?

Suppose they are getting their ratings/revenue on the way up (nice) and down (evil) from the frothing braindead masses so it is a goldmine for them.

More like they just woke up to it. The media wanted a sweet innocent arrested abroad story but they’ve twigged it isn’t. Public sentiment also against her.

I see she’s now trying to witness protection against an unknown international drug organization. People don’t like seeing innocent people being locked up, but they don’t want to see guilty people weasel out of trouble through lies and deception either.

1 Like

I have worked in financial services my whole life. Lucky that sort of stuff is nowhere near my industry :neutral_face:

7 Likes

And that’s precisely why it’s irrelevant.

1 Like

I guarantee if true it will be mentioned by the prosecution in her court case. Do you disagree?

Her defense counsel would object to it as being irrelevant and the judge would agree.

That remains to be seen. However the fact that you are prepared to admit that it would be mentioned suggests some relevance.

wtf

Her story is getting worse by the day. Now her uncle and dad have come out and said she is lying about pretty much everything.

Staunch family she’s got.

1 Like

Yup… Everyone looking to cash in on her

Her uncle just answered questions thrown at him: did he own a cleaning business, has he ever owned one, has he ever employed her. He answered them truthfully, no he did not.

Her father said she had been planning the trip since the start of the year and he told her not to go to Colombia and she said she wouldn’t. next thing he knows she in the news arrested for drug smuggling. He then said she had a habit of lying to people about what she does and where she goes.

I don’t think either of them were trying to throw her under a bus and not support her, but they clearly are not going to lie for her and neither sold their story.

Her boyfriend sounds dodgy as well as her.

The relevance is in her ability to be truthful.

Has no relevance at all.

Media using somebodys past (or present I guess) to make the “why” of this story grow legs is not surprising. The who, what, where, when, and how has already been answered. Gotta keep the story rolling and sensational somehow.