Dumb Questions Amnesty

AFL? 9 games for a normal round.

Aussie rules? Who knows…

4 Likes

It’s a fair cop.

1 Like

Do shepherd pies in Australia contain lamb or beef?

Nah, they contain shepherds.

6 Likes

I think Shepherd pies are lamb and cottage pies are beef.

But here as well or only in the UK?

all my family are from the UK so here as well :smirk:

1 Like

They should be called ‘cowherd pies’ if they contain beef

2 Likes

Cow pattie Pies.
Yummy!

I had an embarrassing one yesterday.

Was talking to someone about revolving restaurants. Looked them up and saw it only needs about 1 horsepower to move the thing. I couldn’t believe that the whole disc part of the building could be rotated so easily… then I realised it was just the little platform on the inside of the room after looking it up…

I think I got my erroneous understanding of it off The Simpsons…

1 Like

Would take even less power if you just rotated a looped scenic backdrop.

We took Reboot to the revolving restaurant here for his birthday a couple of years ago… I can promise you at the end of the night the whole place was spinning :sweat_smile:

8 Likes

Is anyone actual loyal when it comes to tradies? By loyal, I mean stick with the same tradies that they use when they need repairs? I use the same local plumber on all small jobs that I’ve need fixed for 3 years.

Never crossed my mind to shop around each job as he does it quick and helped me out if a pickle once by coming over right away to repair a cracked seal on the toilet.

Once I find a good plumber, sparky, handyman, there’s no way I’m going anywhere looking for another one.

10 Likes

Yeah for things that require actual work and experience once you’ve found a good one, best not to deviate unless its an emergency and your chosen person can’t get there quick enough.

1 Like

Agreed, Good tradies go out of their way to get good word of mouth & repeat business. The only time to consider change, is if they get too big, or lax & lazy as they get bored or slack with age, … or, & most especially, if they start to take their clients loyalty for granted, & start raising prices to the point of gouging on that loyalty.

Always best to have a good keen young bloke starting out , looking to establish word of mouth & get his business going ultimately, IMO.

Over the years I have reverted from them & look for the super keen newby getting his own show started every ten years or so just by natural progression/succession.

Add a good mechanic to that list!

1 Like

And doctor.

2 Likes

Does it count as drinking alone if your dogs are inside and your child’s asleep in another room?

No.