Dumb Questions Amnesty

I love the term divvy van.

Its Australian. NSW seriously have zero contribution to real aussie culture. Everything is borrowed

2 Likes

ā€¦ or corrupt.

Since at least the Rum Rebellion.

1 Like

Working in a public hospital (and previously working in a private hospital) for me the sicker I am the more I want to be in a public hospital. Orthopaedic surgery, baby, elective surgery, minor gastro surgery etc private but if Iā€™m seriously ill public please.

2 Likes

I canā€™t help but sing the chant

ā€œYouā€™re going home in the back of a divvy vanā€ clap clap clapclapclap clapclapclapclap clap clap

Every time I read/hear it.

4 Likes

I suspect private hospitals are set up more for elective or non-life-threatening issues.

Iā€™ve had two one-night stays in private hospitals, and it never seemed as if it was that hectic.

Private hospital >>>>>> backyard job>>>>>>public hospital

When people go for their licence these days are you allowed to donut in a car with parking sensors, camera or self parking?

And do you still get a manual licence if youā€™re a legend and an automatic if you canā€™t drive for ****?

2 Likes

Weā€™ll see the headline forever, but I doubt weā€™ll see this byline againā€¦

1965 Gay Fans

9 Likes

Wow, that is true indeed.

I was thereā€¦at the ripe old age of 12.

Donā€™t remember too many warm feelings towards my fellow man.

I do remember going to the game, resplendent in my #11 guernsey, and copping some comments in West St Kilda.

1 Like

Thereā€™s no money to take in the seriously sick people with multiple things wrong with them, so they donā€™t.
Even the regulations governing them are slightly different, more rigorous in public system.
I only know of about 5 private hospitals with ED and ICU in melbourne, and some of them are pretty light on for the type of patients they can actually manage.

Rubbish.

The hilarious thing about that is that theyā€™re the same doctors.

Cabrini and Epworth would be exceptions to my private/public rule.

And same doctors but not their all day. I did a 6 week locum at a private hospital and never once saw a doctorā€¦

90% of the time itā€™s also the same nurses, same gadgets and machinesā€¦

Thereā€™s a big big difference between private hospitals. Iā€™ve worked at I think 12 or 15.

Do they call you Mr Pills?

Why do race horses train before dawn when all their races are in the afternoon or evening? Wouldnā€™t it be better to train at the same times as their races will be on?

Short answer, because itā€™s cooler. Longer answerā€¦ it harks from the days when training gallops were conducted under the cover of darkness to minimise prying eyes.

2 Likes

Missus just had wisdom tooth removed today. Any food recipe suggestions (no, not steak)?