Dumb Questions Amnesty

Yeah, just need sparkling water 99% of the time.

They had a Dr Pete which was amazing.

America softdrink is cornsyrup garbage

I DONT WANT THE SYRUP ■■■■, I JUST WANNA KNOW WHICH IS THE BEST ONE FOR MAKING SODA WATER!!!

any of them.

that being said, only one i’ve used in the last 5 years was one at harvey norman where its built into the fridge.

They are all good. Go to Harvey Norman who have the range and usually have specials. Their replacement CO2 is cheapest around as well.

Buy extra bottles.

1 Like

Ok, I just had an unusual experience.

After sitting out in the bright morning sun having a Coffee & reading, I came back inside and when I opened the browser, the whole google page, and then blitz,… everything within the browser borders,… (blue desktop screen) was red, then magenta, then to pink, and now finally white again.

It’s never happened before, but it might well be the 1st time I’ve ever sat in the sun reading with my reading glasses on. The sun was coming from behind, and the papers I was reading were stock printer pages, lots of bright white, and spacious text.

It’s clearly an optical effect of the bright white light (or one of the spectrums within it) reflecting from the pages and being intensified by the specs onto the retina, but does anyone know what the effect is??

And more importantly, … is it damaging your eyes in some way?

It has the same effect as wanking.

Could be like this type of thing, but in reverse?

1 Like

BLACK AND BLUE OR WHITE AND GOLD?

So FWIW I bought a sodastream. Just got the one that uses glass bottles. Actually pretty effective.

1 Like

It’s a loose video cable. Wiggle it - then screw in the little screwie thingies.

Laptop? no idea.

Had a similar thing after dropping a laptop.
if the screen panel got bent slightly (even if you just grabbed it to tilt it up or down) it’d go full green, let it go and it’d return to normal.

Something to do with connections to the actual LCD panel no doubt, never bothered fixing it.

That or it was the psilocybins.

2 Likes

‘Pig van’ s popular in some quarters over here. So is ‘meat truck’.

Meat truck/wagon is an ambulance, surely.

Dumb Question:
Protocols on hosting a BBQ lunch. Should you wait for everyone to arrive before cooking or do you give a cut off time to be there before you start to cook for other guests or your own kids and partner.

Have family coming over on Boxing day who cannot give a set time they will arrive but are of the expectation that we should wait for them to start cooking, but as we have kids and other guests to think of, is it inconsiderate and wrong to just not GAF and start cooking some meats for whoever is here and our kids and then just whip up some when they eventually arrive (if they bring their own meat). IMO Lunch is between 12-1pm, but thats just me.

Lunch is @ Lunchtime mate.

You don’t have a heap of people waiting until 2 or 3 O’clock for a few stragglers. They, like anyone, should u/stand that.

Arc it up at 12 - 12.30, … serving up/chowing 12.30 - 1.00 and onwards for however long you like. Majority rules I reckon.

4 Likes

They said that? If so it’s just rude. It’s a BBQ ffs… cook it when you wanna cook it and if you feel charitable enough then keep something aside for them. If not they can take their chances.

3 Likes

Yep. They said that. Originally it was going to be 2pm. They wanted us to start when they get here. I said when was that. They are travelling from Bendigo but thats only just under 3hrs away from my home. Yet they couldnt give us a time frame.

I said we will cook their meat when they bring it (as they said they dont like reheated food nd only eat fresh cooked). But that’s it. We have kids to worry about and its our house. If they want a cooked lunch be here by 1pm.

Sillybilly’s life seems out of a sitcom.

2 Likes