Dumb Questions Amnesty

Now I’ve got Seinfeld planning Christmas for me. Not only have I been invited for lunch but I’m expected to hang around for people that won’t be arriving until dinner time. I’m sure they’ll understand when Uncle Hambo is farking ratarsed.

There is no way I would wait for them. Fire that BBQ up at 12.

3 Likes

Yep. You cannot make this ■■■■ up. Should charge royalty and give out popcorn.

I’ll be half ■■■■■■ by 1pm

1 Like

Fark ‘em, eat at 11.

3 Likes

So, I bought a second hand book online. Well, I bought a few hundred second hand books online, because i have a compulsion and can’t stop myself. But the problem with this particular one is … well, it stinks. Badly. Like asphyxiating clouds of stale cigarette smoke bad.

I can’t even comfortably hold it at arms length, much less read the thing.

Any ideas how to get cigarette smell out of a book? I’ve had it propped open in a breezy bit of the house (far away from living areas where people might want to breathe…) but it doesn’t seem to have made any difference at all.

That old ferbreeze stuff is pretty good at cigarette smells in couches…

No, because I do it too

What wimm said or try putting some dryer sheets every 50 pages or so, depending on the size of the book.

Weird that it smells of cigarettes. It may have more to do re the printing paper and perhaps it’s never been dusted.

I always dust books even if it’s just light dusting especially if they are old books.

Let us know how it goes.

Bury it in a t/ware container of 4 or 5 parts rice to one of baking soda

I’d put 4 or 5 inches in the bottom, then get it on it;s spine, and pour plenty of straight bi carb in between the semi opened pages, then whack in more of the rice /bi carb mix til covered, put the lid on and leave it for a week or so. Should do the trick.

Fart on it, won’t smell like tobacco anymore.

2 Likes

I’m I the only one who picked up that people bring meat to SB Bbq? Is this a normal thing?

Get rid of it and try again

1 Like

Look after the kids first. If anyone wants to sook up, that’s on them.

Take up smoking yourself. Soon you won’t notice that - or any- smell.

1 Like

Bicarbonate fixes everything.

2 Likes

Why do people get so excited about fireworks every NYE? It’s as if they’ve never seen them before.

3 Likes

I haven’t bothered to be awake at midnight on new years for a while, but are they more spectacular? Is that what excites people?

The mother of all unimportant days in the year

1 Like

Agreed. My wish is for the Heff clan to be sound asleep at midnight.