Dumb Questions Amnesty

that joke is the wurst

3 Likes

E Tu, Brute?

Looks like weā€™ve run into some unexpected snags in this thread.

Or notā€¦if weā€™ve gone to Bunnings.

About to book holidays, hopefully Japan.

3 weeks during school holidays, inclusive of Prelim and GF weekends.

Should I reconsider?

You donā€™t mince your words eh?

I do think you have a case though.

1 Like

'tis a risk I reckon.

1 Like

Depends on how lid off you are. might just be missing one of many, or our only shot for a while.

Iā€™m massively kid off, always am, always will be.

But itā€™s the only time I can get the right leave, and travel with the family.

I guess therell be a bar in Tokyo that can show the footy.

Have you been at a Bomber GF win ?

Taking your kids to Japan is educational so missing a week of school will not matter.

You write contrarily.

1 Like

2000 and 2001
Not sure I would be in a position to get tickets again when we make it, aside from buying a corporate package.

Your taking the kids to Japan and not the GF ?

1 Like

Probably cheaper.

7 Likes

Birthday coming up. Want to get myself a nice single malt. Iā€™ve been into Islay for a while and thinking of trying more Speyside stuff. Wanting to explore the more spicy, caramel, fruity types. Probably looking at no more than $150. Any recommendations? Like the look of the 16 year old cask Glenlivet. Iā€™ve become a bit accustomed to cask strength with a drop of water. Thereā€™s another 18 year old diluted one from them. Glenfarclas do a cask strength without the age defined. Same with Aberlour which seems to have a cult following. Iā€™m probably leaning towards the first one but am open to being talked into something else.

https://www.glenmorangie.com/en-au

You could start at the 12 yr and work your way up every year,

ā€¦ or this seems like it would fit thee bill about now and would also make a good start point.

https://www.danmurphys.com.au/product/DM_824073/glenmorangie-18-year-old-scotch-whisky-700ml

1 Like

Thanks BSD. Is Glenmorangie your go to?

Yes mate. Absolutely.

Scotch is not really my fave tipple, & I canā€™t/wonā€™t drink it anything but straight, and therefore good.

Iā€™d tried quite a few over the decades, and then got put onto this about 15 years ago, and for mine, even that base model crapped on anything I remembered prior.

Then we got a Dan Mā€™s down this neck about 4 yrs ago, and they had a Scotch tasting, not including this, but the top exxy Johnny Walker, and 4 or 5 others ranging between 120 to 250 dollars, ā€¦ and again, nothing touched the GM IMO.

Iā€™ve bought maybe a half dozen for blokes as large thankyou gifts since finding it, & all bar one are converts. (Man just loves his Dimple)

1 Like

Hmm. You make a persuasive argument. Do
You get the toffee and Christmas spices notes with these? Thatā€™s kinda what I was after. Wanted something a bit different to the peaty, seaspray, halogen kinda thing.

The gen theme has always mentioned citrus, ā€¦ and yeah, I sā€™pose itā€™s there at the front, . but the dominant thing for me, and i always have said, ā€¦ kinda spicy Vanilla Caramel, ā€¦ so toffee Xmas spice probs not that far off.

Also, as one Col. Potter once said in MASH, ā€¦ not enough Oā€™s in Smooooooooooooooooooooooooth.

1 Like

Spend your $150 on flights to Tassie then head to the Whiskey Bar on Bruny Island. Will be the best birthday ever.

1 Like