Dumb Questions Amnesty

… and say the word “like” like 10 times in a couple of sentences, like.

4 Likes

Ha. That went out in about 1998, you L7

Ha it’s still around today. I hear it often. You should get out more.

1 Like

Yep did a bit of research into it just after I realised it had cleared up. Dr took out a needle the size of the Hubble telescope and shot a truckload of it into my knee. Ow.
But the trade off is worth it and now a can sniff flowers and skip through meadows like in those ads.

1 Like

It was during the time when Kelly Clarkson and Lizzie McGuire were popular.
They could not string 2 words together. During
one of their interviews they used 30 “likes” and 29 “Sos” each followed by “you knows” in a sentence. Complete and utter dribble? Young girls copied.

1 Like

“Like” “You know” and “Um” drive me crazy when used more than once per sentence or many times in one dialogue.

2 Likes

Quite right. Never visited it.

“You know what I mean?” used multiple times in the same discussion sheets me no end. No, I’m a daft muppet & have no idea what you mean. “You know what I mean”? :grin:

3 Likes

“You know? So I was telling them how is goes and they didn’t even, you know?”

Actually, I’m really not sure I do know.

1 Like

“I know what you mean” is perfectly fine (even if you have NFI what they mean). :wink:

1 Like

All I can thing is “it’s so like, whatever.”

One of my kids and I are currently in an obsessed ‘nomsay/amite/jafeel’ phase hahahaha

1 Like

Got 30 seconds in before I had to stop.

1 Like

Lots of possibilities here Souly. Kinda like asking “Why is Weather?” lol.

I have about 10 questions just to start .

Maybe one for a phone call, will you be around home over the W/end?

1 Like

Had a reminisce (re Bombers) with a friend today. Somehow StKilda came up in the conversation re the Moorabbin ground.

What was it called?

Always known as Linton Street AFAIK.

1 Like

I always thought it was just Moorabbin Oval??

Not thinking of Sths Lakeside Oval, by chance, . :thinking: I used to mix them up sometimes back in the day.

1 Like

Thanks,

For some reason I thought it had a nickname.

Do you mean the Animal Enclosure?