Dustin Fletcher, our hero hangs up his cape

Hope he never retires, otherwise it means that I am older than just about every footballer there is. Fletch is keeping me young.

His laid back and laconic nature fits perfectly with TD from the previous generation and Heppell from the current generation.

Note," laconic" not misused in this post. 

Some of the players he has played again over the years:

Lockett

Dunstall

Carey

Ablett

Fevola

Gehrig

Kernahan

kent Kingsley 

Johnathon Brown

Bradshaw

Richo

Jarman

Franklin

Phillip Matera

Betts

Garlett

Milne

Sav Rocca

Anthony Rocco

Scott Cummings

Pavlich

Barry Hall

Micki O

Brett Heady

Chris Grant

These are just some of the top of my head.

Some he has played against once or twice, some countless times. The man imo is the greatest player i have seen play the game. Logevity,consistency, just an all round star. If people outside the club don't recognise him as one of the all time greats than that is there loss- and they clearly don't know jack S*** about football

His laid back and laconic nature fits perfectly with TD from the previous generation and Heppell from the current generation.

Note," laconic" not misused in this post. 

It is when referring to Hepell though, that kid never shuts up. Laid back, maybe. Laconic, nope.

Is he the only player to play against 18 teams?

Took me a while to realise you weren't referring to University.

he actually would of played again 19, he played against Fitzroy as well as the orginal Brisbane

19 teams. Add Fitzroy to the mix.

If he hadn't been suspended for some ridiculous misdemeanors he may have been going for the all time record this year.

Could be our full-forward by the end of the year!

should just play him up fwd from round 1 IMO

I was including Fitzroy.

18 current teams plus Fitzroy (he hasn't played against Essendon yet)

he actually would of played again 19, he played against Fitzroy as well as the orginal Brisbane

Yeah, I counted Brisbane bears the same as Brisbane Lions as that wasn't a merger but a take over.

Another first for Fletch. He would be the only member of that '19' club ... until the GAFL add more teams.

I was including Fitzroy.

18 current teams plus Fitzroy (he hasn't played against Essendon yet)

true, well played sir

Yes, just love Mr "Go Go Gadget Arms" - they have saved the day on numerous occasions! I will shed a tear when he retires

The most important player the EFC has ever had!  genuine Superstar!

Freak of a man.

Hope he never retires, otherwise it means that I am older than just about every footballer there is. Fletch is keeping me young.

I was the same when Craig Bradley retired even though he played for Carlscum he was the last active AFL player older than me .

Some of the players he has played again over the years:

Lockett
Dunstall
Carey
Ablett
Fevola
Gehrig
Kernahan
Clark Kingsley 
Johnathon Brown
Bradshaw
Richo
Jarman
Franklin
Phillip Matera
Betts
Garlett
Milne
Sav Rocca
Anthony Rocco
Scott Cummings
Pavlich
Barry Hall
Micki O
Brett Heady
Chris Grant

These are just some of the top of my head.

Some he has played against once or twice, some countless times. The man imo is the greatest player i have seen play the game. Logevity,consistency, just an all round star. If people outside the club don't recognise him as one of the all time greats than that is there loss- and they clearly don't know jack S*** about football

That's a fair list.
If I hear any of the commentators say, as they often do, "Yeah, but he never gets the best forward does he?" I will fair dinkum scream.
He has not only taken the best forwards throughout his career, he has done it many times and rarely been beaten. He has also had the versatility to play on the tall, the short, the strong, the quick, the athletic, the freakish as well as the duds. Again, rarely beaten. Champion does not do him justice. He is an absolute legend of the club and the code.
Have a great year Fletch.

Never understood how that spud Kent Kingsley used to beat him all the time.

it's his kicking... it's amazing.